Nine (Southern Cross)

End board of community service announcement with v/o “Nine Sunshine Coast”

6 Likes

[quote=“AddictedToTVPres, post:1640, topic:1198, full:true”]
hey look abc launched their hd channel! :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]Too bad it’s totally misaligned etc. :yum:

If only that was Seven :pensive: (For us NSW/QLD/WA folks).

3 Likes

It’s a shame GTS isn’t able to use the 40 series of channels, GTS was on VHF 4 and widely known/remembered as Channel 4. LCN 4 would be a fitting spot.

IF there’s one station who knows how to do a good promotion, it’d be 9 in Brisbane. GM Kylie Blucher early on in her career worked for Austereo in the 90’s when it was at its best. There was a company very switched on with promotions.

The current day Austereo (SCA) has lost so much of the staff, culture and ideas for good promotions that it’s a long way from the same company.

Many great ideas from the 90’s and older which work well in a modern world.

1 Like

There’s an ACTION bus in Canberra that has wraparound advertising with Nine News, A Current Affair and Today show:

Source: http://actbus.net/gallery/ACTION-Buses-Current/Scania-K360UA/Bus-511/

7 Likes

I find it hard to believe ACA wins its timeslot in Canberra.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure ABC News is the 7pm timeslot leader in Canberra, but I’d have to check on that.

The bus advertising to me is a good indication that SCA plan to use a window for local news within the current state base bulletins (as opposed to having their own 1 hr bulletin).

Otherwise that ad would need to be redone all over again.

It can only be a few more months before SCA launches their news? (February at the latest I’m thinking?).

@Radiohead I tend to agree!

Let’s hope SCA do them for each local region (eg, about 7 areas in QLD, 7 in SNSW plus about 5 in VIC and TAS, WA, SA etc)

1 Like

Southern Cross Nine should start launching local Facebook pages for each of it’s local news region ahead of the launch of on air news services in the moths ahead.

I noticed 7 News Toowoomba and 7 News Gold Coast both launched their Facebook pages a few months ahead of the on air launch of the newscasts. As they built their offices, staff and journo teams - they would post photos, content and even video of local news. As well as bio pieces on reporters, anchors and local happenings. They also posted content from 7 News Brisbane that was relevant to the local area.

By the time the on air bulletin launched both had already 20,000 likes or so - that is a huge base to launch and market the local news services to and build a relationship with local viewers.

SC Nine could do the sam bey getting FB pages up off the ground in the month or so ahead for:

Cairns
Townsville
Mackay
Rockhampton
Sunshine Coast
Toowoomba
Canberra
Wollongong
Orange-Dubbo-Wagga
Albury
Gippsland
Ballarat
Bendigo
Shepperton

1 Like

It actually replaced an earlier SCA advert wrap that had The Project on one side, Family Fued on the other, and rotating programs on the rear (Big Bash, TBL, Living Room etc), so changing up some panels probably isn’t out of the question.

2 Likes

True, but if SCA knew that they were ditching Peter Overton and were going with their own 1 hr of news anytime soon, I think they would have waited.

Although the Nine News ad itself is already dated, what with reflecting the old style On-Air graphics which were replaced last Sunday.

I wonder if SCA will eventually update it? Yeah, probably not! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nine (Tasmanian Digital Television)

New placeholder on LCN 55 (sorry for the bad cap)

4 Likes

The fine people at SCA can’t even get a simple placeholder right.

GO!/GEM numbers are wrong under SA/BHill Nine
7TWO/7MATE numbers are wrong under Darwin/Central and SA/BHill Seven
Is there a 9HD in tassie?

4 Likes

Screencap version:

4 Likes

[quote=“Jer, post:1657, topic:1198, full:true”]
The fine people at SCA can’t even get a simple placeholder right.

Is there a 9HD in tassie?[/quote]Um, yes. Has been since day dot. :wink:

Ok thanks. Are those LCN numbers correct in Tassie for Nine??

Nine 5,51
GO! 53
GEM 52
9HD 50

1 Like