Nine (Southern Cross)

AEDST* :relieved:

1 Like

AEST was correct, i’m in QLD, which unfortunately still refuses to join in on the DST game.

3 Likes

Since posting this last week, I’ve noticed that SCA seem to be letting through a few Nine metro sponsor boards on the main channel (as well as some of their own).
During the NRL tonight, they let all of the Nine sponsor boards through (although did still have 1 of their own, that I saw).
They’re even letting through the sponsored news update openers.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I’ve noticed, whenever SCA run a Nine promo themselves (rather than from the dirty feed), the promos look as though they are upscaled SD. Whereas when they are direct from the dirty feed, they look like proper HD. Has anyone else noticed this?

1 Like

Well, not here in Wollongong. They still air the nine.com.au ad or the 10 Second Ident over the metro sponsors (which includes the Sponsored Newsbreaks).

Seems weird that they would have differences between states?
The news update aired here just before that last post (the one that comes through from Perth with the new news graphics), and it featured the metro sponsor board at the start of the update opener, which made me think about posting on here.

I’ve also seen the Nine metro sponsor boards various times over the last few days, including during Nine News, various other news updates and during programming.
The SCA sponsor boards with the different audio have still been airing on other occasions too though.

I’ve managed to cap a few of them tonight, which I’ll upload at some point later, but I missed the news update one just before as I wasn’t recording.

1 Like

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:1623, topic:1198, full:true”]During the NRL tonight, they let all of the Nine sponsor boards through (although did still have 1 of their own, that I saw).[/quote]In this instance, I’m pretty sure the sponsor boards are part of the actual NRL coverage as the same thing happens through 9Gem when it’s on there.

As for the other sponsor boards being let through, this isn’t the case for Tassie either. They continue to run with the usual “welcome home” ids and the Nine website spot over the top of them. Odd.

NRL GF sponsor board

3 Likes

I’ve managed capture the Newsbreak.
For a split second at the start (slow down the clip to 0.25) you slightly see the blue sponsor.

4 Likes

They better update it for the next season (the NRL logo).
I wonder what SCA will use for the summer of cricket?

[quote=“Zampakid, post:1629, topic:1198, full:true”]
They better update it for the next season (the NRL logo).
I wonder what SCA will use for the summer of cricket?[/quote]Please, don’t hold your breath whatever you do. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
As for SoC, no doubt they’ll just use a generic board with the Australian cricket logo slapped on it or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wow! That is really interesting to see, because the sponsor board definitely aired here in QLD where you’ve got the ident. Wish I’d gotten a cap of it!
It was that sponsor board airing which made me even think to make a post on the forum.

I saw that type of sponsor board come through once, but the rest were proper Nine ones.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure you’re right, however, previously when watching NRL on SC9, they always seem to either play something over them, or poorly cut them off. Tonight they came through intact.

For example, right at the start of the NRL, before the broadcast starts. SCA have always aired their own version (as pictured above). Tonight the Nine one aired.

2 Likes

Literally just had this air on SC9 not 2 minutes ago…

Even got a video…

3 Likes

Hmmm… interesting. Perhaps they just had “one” of those days where the dirty feed (inculding the metros ads) comes through completely and it’ll be back to normal later on today? If it continues you’d wonder what the reason for it would be…

I would tend to agree, however, it’s been like this for a few days now (I first noticed the metro sponsor boards coming through on Tuesday), and apart from a “Love This City” ident which snuck through this morning, the ad timings have actually been perfect (much better than normal) over the last couple of days too, with no metro ads airing at all (that I’ve seen). [Even the NRL GF tonight had perfect ad timings. The only issue was the HD watermark].

I actually like having the Nine sponsor boards come through, I just find it interesting that it hasn’t been prevalent in other states.

A variety of sponsor boards and promos I’ve managed to record from SC9 this morning and this evening.

1 Like

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:1634, topic:1198, full:true”]I would tend to agree, however, it’s been like this for a few days now (I first noticed the metro sponsor boards coming through on Tuesday), and apart from a “Love This City” ident which snuck through this morning, the ad timings have actually been perfect (much better than normal) over the last couple of days too, with no metro ads airing at all (that I’ve seen). [Even the NRL GF tonight had perfect ad timings. The only issue was the HD watermark].[/quote]If that’s the case then I guess not. Probably way off, but maybe it’s their way of dealing with the poor ad timings they’ve been experiencing since day dot, as you’ve said that these issues have seemingly being fixed with this. The timing errors are still quite frequent from what I’ve seen last night.

16 Likes

Hmm, HD Logo not at the right place.

3 Likes

Good one! Wish I thought of that. :joy::grin::+1:

hey look abc launched their hd channel! :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes