Nine (Southern Cross)

Nine News Weather Update that aired on SCA tonight featuring the proper intro.
I’ve also included the promos shown prior to this as it seems SCA had a little bit of a timing issue here.

2 things

The sponsor billboard is almost as long as the weather

And why is 9 Queensland running local Brisbane weather updates ?

we slave… err. no love it :wink:

1 Like

Well, laughter is good for the soul…

9 Likes

There’s probably a drinking game involved as well!

1 Like

Or bingo, @TV.Cynic

Well that didn’t last too long on SCA

Possibly an opportunity to give SCA Nine viewers “something Extra” now? Although personally, I’d prefer it if SCA used the bandwidth to increase the picture quality of other channels.

I do have a good laugh every day. :stuck_out_tongue:

Currently on Ch 55.

6 Likes

Amazing that it has shut down so quickly. Must have taken SCA by surprise, as they were still running advertising for YESSHOP on their other channels only a few days ago

1 Like

They’ve now changed the placeholder.
Channel name is changed back to “To Be Advised

4 Likes

I doubt they caused any inconvenience to viewers Lol

10 Likes

If anything, I’d probably class the closure of YesShop (or any home shopping channel really) as a Community Service to viewers! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

A couple of screenshots from a comparison video I’m currently putting together, to show which feeds SCA utilises for each of the multichannels here in QLD.

9GO!:

9GEM:

9LIFE:

SCA 9Go! in Queensland uses the Brisbane feed.

SCA 9Gem was a little harder to find out, as all of the graphics colours are the same between all 3 comparisons, however, there was a very small (approx. 0.1 seconds) window of time when the Brisbane 9 News endboard appeared on SCA 9Gem Townsville, meaning it also uses the Brisbane feed.

However, you can see above that SCA 9Life uses the Sydney feed.

7 Likes

9LIFE:

9GO!:

9GEM:

5 Likes

Geez, you’ve seemingly gone to a lot of effort here @NQCQTV2 with all these comparisons! Interesting stuff, indeed! :grin::+1:

3 Likes

Interesting. I wonder if, since playout for all cities is centralised in Sydney, whether there is some randomiser on the playout system at Nine which changes the colour of the graphics for different markets. I really don’t see why there’s any need for a different colour of PRG between different markets.\

Cool research though!

2 Likes

Watching 9Life now to see how SCA handle the daylight saving start here in QLD, considering they take the Sydney feed.

SCA is showing the same program and episode as the program that is currently on 9Life metro right now, however, they are running their own feed instead of taking a dirty feed, meaning it’s completely watermark and graphics free, and there are no network promos airing during the ad break.

2 Likes

Daylight saving has now started, and not surprisingly the Brisbane and Sydney metro feeds i’m watching are now showing different things, as expected.

SCA are running the same program as Brisbane, not surpringly, however it’s still a clean feed for now. I’m assuming in an hour they’ll pick up with a 1 hour delayed version of the Sydney feed.

Of interest, the program that’s currently airing had a classification advisory in the corner when it started on the metro feed, but SCA showed nothing at all, which I would have thought would have been a big no-no.

3AM AEST EDIT:
SCA has now gone back to a dirty feed, and as expected, it’s a one hour delay of the Sydney feed.

1 Like