Nine (Southern Cross)

Far out! SCA’s ad timings are off in QLD with the Riverfire coverage on.

I’m recording, so will upload later.

1 Like

We all know that SCA recieve a dirty feed of Nine Metro and add the “HD” watermark bug to the feed themselves.

However, it seems that SCA also has a copy of the normal Nine logo in their system as well.

This popped up tonight for about 1 second during a KFC ad.

4 Likes

EDIT:
My previous SC9 Timing video has been removed from YouTube because it contained a “copyrighted audio track”.

Will reupload soon

2 Likes

Haha. That’s funny to watch! Oh, Southern Cross, that’s a terrible effort. Will they ever rectify these timing errors they have? :roll_eyes:

This is the proper version of the video from earlier of SCA’s rather extensive ad break and watermark timing errors that featured on SC9 QLD last night during Riverfire and the NRL.

A few points of note in the video:
02:25 - HD watermark disappears during Riverfire and doesn’t return.
03:26 - SCA run their own sponsor board advertising all of the same sponsors as the normal Nine sponsor boards. Why bother creating their own?
07:10 - Nine and HD watermarks appear randomly during KFC ad.
07:38 - After SCA’s attempts to cover them up all night, a Nine sponsor board ends up airing in full anyway.

Another seemingly pointless thing SCA seem to be covering up that i’ve noticed.

Whenever a Nine News update airs, SCA play the “Nine.com.au” ad over the top of the news update opener before going to the presenter.

Looks a little weird seeing the program go to a Nine.com.au ad and then having a presenter appear

1 Like

Would not surprise me if that was human error. Regional networks usually tamper with update intros so they can mention their own sponsor. What’s the bet the Nine.com.au intro you’re seeing is meant to be a generic ‘unsponsored’ intro.

4 Likes

That would make a lot of sense!

I saw a few news updates throughout the night.
All from Brisbane featured the Nine.com.au ad over the intro, while the national Update from Perth aired in full

Nice use of the old NRL logo at 6:33 too. The new logo has only been in common usage now for, what, two years?

4 Likes

Interesting Southern Cross are playing the nine.com.au ads quite extensively. You’d hope they’re getting some kind of benefit from Nine or Nine Digital for all that airtime.

Imparja is littered with these promos too. Must be part of their latest affiliation deals.

2 Likes

Yeah, they must have been.
SCA are airing them as frequently as twice per ad break at some points.

I’ve also seen SCA advertising Nine’s Stan streaming service a little bit lately too.

SCA must be pretty thrilled with their share in the ratings in QLD and NSW.

Regional TAM shows that Nine (main channel) is less than 1 percent below 7 in Regional QLD.
In Southern NSW, SC9’s network share has been greater than Prime for 2 consecutive weeks now.

Source: http://www.regionaltam.com.au/?page_id=19#

1 Like

quick photo

What it is exactly?

Just advertising sales department of SCA, 30 second promo.

Someone from SCA must be reading this forum! :stuck_out_tongue:

Watching Nine tonight, and saw two different Nine news updates which properly featured the intro.

5 Likes

No doubt - there’s at least 2 posters who have identified themselves as working for SCA.

1 Like

You’d be surprised the amount of people who actually work in the media who read this forum.

2 Likes

The Block themed sponsor board