Nine (Southern Cross)

Why the focus on “welcoming home” Tracy Grimshaw?

I think because WIN show ACA at 1am or 2am in the morning I guess ACA will be back on in primetime.

1 Like

Not to mention that before dumping it from primetime, WIN only aired ACA on Gem/9Gem at 7.30pm rather than the “traditional” timeslot of 7pm (remembering that ACA has long aired at 7pm in WIN regions pre-2013) due to local news airing on the main channel…

2 Likes

IIRC Nine were the network that moved ACA to 7pm from its “traditional” 6.30pm timeslot :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I’m well aware that the “traditional” timeslot for ACA is 6.30pm on Nine in metropolitan areas, but I’m talking in the context of regional areas! :slight_smile:

[quote=“MLVD, post:603, topic:1198, full:true”]
Why the focus on “welcoming home” Tracy Grimshaw?
[/quote] It’s a dig at WIN for putting ACA on Gem and then last month, dumping it completely off primetime.

7 Likes

I didn’t manage to get a recording of it, but I also saw a new NineOn5 ad earlier today, which featured just the Voice crew, pressing their red buttons, which had the number 5 written on it. Went for only about 10-15 seconds.
I haven’t seen it posted anywhere yet.

1 Like

Have not seen that version wonder if there will be any other new promos with less than a week to go.

1 Like

I’d like to see what viewers like Goggleboxers make of the promos from SC10/5/9 and WIN to see what message is getting through. I am thinking not as much as we think.

2 Likes

Thankyou guys for posting the videos. It does look like SCA are making a much better fist of communicating the switch than WIN. But for me where I live I will wake up next Friday to still find 9 on 8…Ahhh the joys of being in Northern NSW. It does pose the question of where & what changes they will make to NRN ??? Does it still play-out of Coffs Harbour ???

2 Likes

No, playout for Southern Cross Ten comes from Canberra.

Grant Blackley said on Mediaweek that a composite news bulletin is there aim like what NBN do. No other details were given. National , state and local news.

Also said that he was very confident that Tasmania will have a deal in place by Friday.

2 Likes

I would be really, really surprised if there wasn’t but it gives WIN an advantage by holding out because there’s no time to communicate the change. I believe there’s been a 9 on 5 promo on once before on TDT but I’ve never seen anything and the only indication something is up is a few WIN promos.

At some point after midnight Thursday, viewers will eventually work out for themselves what is going on, despite the current set of promos. Watching a few nights viewing across WIN and SC and seeing how the promos look in relation to adverts etc, the only clear message IMO comes from WIN’s promos for their new 5pm-7.30pm line-up. The short 10sec “WIN news is moving to 6pm” is the easiest and clearest message.

As for the rest, Nineon5, MasterChef coming soon etc, they are all too vague. The Nineon5 spots are missing a key point which is a clear message for what the “five” means. In addition to the slogan and personalities, they should be concentrating more on something like “We’re launching a new TV station on July 1. From next Friday all you have to do to find all your favourite Nine network programs is to press 5 on your remote.” It’s a much clearer message and should be the emphasis of every promo. “From Friday to watch, Today, Nine News at 6pm, ACA at 7pm - press 5.”

SC also need to sort out the conflicting messages they are sending. Again last night, they are running generic promos for the Living Room in spots after the last program to ever be seen on the network has finished. So many other things could have been promoted in those spots.

6 Likes

New signs out at SCA Cairns (via [Instagram]

9 Likes

Given that it’s now under a week away, surely it’s time to start airing some general Nine promos.

1 Like

And for TDT, throw in some random 15 and 30 second black screens in the ad breaks to promote their upcoming programming.

9 Likes

I wonder if the signage at the SCA buildings in Canberra and Bendigo have been updated, along with the other locations?

Cairns was probably the first to get the new signage. The Grant Broadcasters stations moved out 2 weeks ago, so it would have been a priority to get rid of their signage and would have been easiest to update it all at the same time.

2 Likes

A simple and easy to understand guide of the affiliation changes.
http://m.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/news-and-current-affairs/what-act-viewers-need-to-know-about-the-big-tv-switch-20160625-gprspl.html?

6 Likes