Nine (Southern Cross)

Definitely sold off.
I recognised that building from the video and it’s definitely got nothing to do with SCA nowadays. In fact, that entire block of buildings in that area are all completely vacant and abandoned nowadays.

I actually didn’t realise that that was where the old TEN NQ News bulletin was filmed from.

I’ve actually wondered before why that building has such a massive car park attached to the side of it (which is now fenced off and unused), and now I know why

3 Likes

The former Queens Hotel on the Strand is the former home of TNQ7/NQTV/QTV and Ten Queensland. I had the pleasure of going to see a taping of ten local news about 6 months prior to axing. Beautiful building and great setup inside. It was a well oiled machine. A shame that SC didn’t see value in the local news service. I imagine the upkeep on the building and the fact a good chunk of the building was unused after the axing were reasons for SC to offload it and relocate.

The building was also shown in the ident for NQTVs anniversary.

1 Like

All I’ll say is somewhere outside of Canberra plans are underway for a new studio and bulletins. The expansion is on. More to come

6 Likes

Outside of Canberra?

“This is 9 News Cairns. Live from Queanbeyan, New South Wales”

6 Likes

[quote=“TelevisionAU, post:283, topic:1198”]
EDIT: Actually after some Googling I think the building is still standing, on the corner of Princes Hwy and Coonoc Road Traralgon, the site now being used by radio stations TRFM and Gold 1242.
[/quote]Its actually been demolished and is now part of the car yards. ACE radio built a new building a few years ago next to the original building (potentially on the same lot though).

Hopefully the bulid it in albury :slight_smile: not likely though haha

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Tomorrow marks one month until the affiliation change.
I’m surprised now that it’s getting this close that neither WIN nor SC10 have made any mention of it to the viewer.

5 Likes

I’m shocked WN hasn’t started pre-empting things like Nine News.

4 Likes

Yeah I am waiting for the educational promos to let viewers know what’s changing.

2 Likes

I’d imagine quite a few would know about some of the changes like the WIN/Ten Affiliation from the report last week. It may start being advertised throughout all of June, my guess is.

2 Likes

It seems very curious other than a news report WIN ran across it’s local new services - there has been no consumer facing acknowledgment or explanation of the change from WIN or SC

I’m almost certain we will see promos for Ten shows such as Spelling Bee, Masterchef, Australian Survivor and Offspring on the state of origin telecast this week on WIN

4 Likes

Ten metro has been promoting the change to WIN all day today? Is that what you mean?
If so, any caps?

2 Likes

See WIN TV thread for more on this.

2 Likes

[quote=“ando9185, post:272, topic:1198, full:true”]
All this talk and I’d just like to know what’s happening in Tas! Too many conflicting statements and the posts put on the WIN News Tasmania thread don’t get a response.[/quote]If past history is any guide, you more than likely won’t get any definitive confirmation from WIN about what’s happening in Tas in regards to the WIN/Ten/TDT/Nine affiliation until the actual day arrives at the end of this month with the ‘switch’ being flicked. But I’ll stand by and reiterate what I said I was told and that is a straight swap of WIN affiliation to Ten, TDT to Nine and SCTV to stay as is as Seven.

3 Likes

That’s what I suspected and now that there’s been the ads on WIN saying they’ll be 10 programming (I saw the sports one last night) it all but confirms it.

1 Like

The Southern Cross Austereo website now confirms that they will be retaining the LCN 5x range for broadcasting NINE’s channels. Also, not sure if this part was mentioned earlier, but 9HD and 9Life definitely will not be ready by 1st July.

[quote]Will viewers at home notice the change-over?
Viewers will need to turn to the 5 series of channels on their remote control to see their Nine programming.
We do not expect that viewers will need to retune their sets to see their Nine programming.
With a change in branding to Nine, viewers will notice some change to “look and feel” of the channels.

Will viewers continue to get all the Nine channels?
SCA will broadcast Nine, Go and Gem into the licence areas from 1 July 2016, meaning all programing [sic] including the NRL and the Voice will be available.
9HD and 9Life will be switched on as soon as we have built the capability to broadcast them. We expect this to happen within a couple of months.
[/quote]

Source: http://www.scaengage.com.au/news-events/sca-affiliation-agreement-with-nine-entertainment-co-faq/

Unfortunate, as I was hoping they’d somehow manage to change their LCN to 9.

5 Likes

How annoying we just got 9Life and now we lose it again.

2 Likes

Yeah a bit frustrating as well as losing HD but I guess at least they will return in a couple of months . Don’t think regional viewers will get 7Flix anytime soon. At least we get Ten HD July 1st.

5 Likes

There’s always the livestream if you can’t live without watching ‘The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ etc. for a short period of time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

6 Likes