Nine (Southern Cross)

If the 10 Darwin spotlights and other local business cards looked more like this they wouldn’t be half bad.

1 Like

Southern Cross Nine had the top right HD watermark yesterday in the NRL Greatest Program. Up until now the sport programs had the bottom right HD watermark:

4 Likes

It’s been inconsistent, I’ve seen it scheduled both ways. Don’t think they’ve worked out how to deal with this program (maybe if they actually watched TV?)

Two more billboards in HD:

Red billboard:

I did notice that in Wollongong also, I would say NPC was playing the wrong feed…?

5 Likes

More playout errors tonight during Lego Masters, with a 9Rush promo being played (for the Canberra region) before seeing the end second of the dirty feed.
Sunday night they aired the Lego Masters Tonight 7:30 promo instead of the correct Tomorrow promo.

Interestingly some of the ads breaks seemed to be SD (on 9HD), which I thought was gone with playout having moved from CTC9 (SCA) to NPC.

1 Like

Why are Nine supplying them to SCA despite (currently) having no plans to carry said channel?

Wouldn’t NPC (where the playout is happening?) already have them and be using them for the metro station playouts?

NRL billboard

1 Like

Pictures you can hear.

They’ve been using that music and voiceover guy for like two decades now

2 Likes

Does SCA Nine in Victoria show the NRL live on its main channel?

no its goes on gem

2 Likes

Broken Hill now

LCN & names

8 & 81 is “9 Broken Hill”
80 is “9HD Broken Hill”
82 is “9Gem”
83 is “9Go!”
84 is “9Life”

3 Likes

Stronger together material

The HD bug has been stuck glowing bright yellow all afternoon in the central west region

7 Likes

has been stuck in Tasmania since yesterday, even during ad breaks

1 Like

Does anyone know when the Nine and SCA agreement will be up for renewal? It will be 4 years since the changeover on July 1.

I’m suspecting there might be some re-negotiations as Nine aren’t currently delivering news bulletins for the regional areas at this stage? (suspecting that those bulletins won’t be returning anytime soon…)

3 Likes

actually it has been 4 years since the affiliation swap in 2016. Their affiliation agreement expires in July 2021 (as is WIN with Ten). I’m sure SCA will renew as their ratings have increased significantly since the swap.

3 Likes

It was a 5 year deal commencing 2016 so there’s one more year to go.

1 Like