Nine (Southern Cross)

or would Ayrheads be fans of Ayr?

Definitely not Ayrians, surely?

2 Likes

According to Regional TAM, for the week of 5-11 August, Nine won the week in both main channel & network shares in the Southern NSW/ACT market for the first time this ratings year, beating out Prime7.

5 Likes

9Go not airing the Today encore today, airing the usual programming.

SC9 ad timings are completely fucked up in NQ right now.

We saw an entire metro ad break, then we had one brief glimpse of the sponsor board at the end of the break, which was cut and then the local ads played for the next few minutes into the programme.

Obviously the local ads cut into the news mid-sentence mid-story.

Then the next break, we got to see the full preview of the 6pm Brisbane news. Then after, SC9 correctly played the local 6pm news preview. Sam Heathwood was mid-sentence and then we cut back to the metro ad break feed. Then cut back to local ads. Which cut back to the metro feed part way through the sponsor board.

4 Likes

Got a new 2018/19 phone book delivered today. Found this:

8 Likes

Phonebook?! What year have I just travelled to? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Advantage Tyres? I’ve been looking for them!! :wink:

1 Like

I thought the same thing when someone turned up to deliver one!

1 Like

Ours has gone from useless to completely useless this year, it used to be able to hold a monitor up on the desk but now it’s barely bigger thicker than a notebook and I don’t think there’s even any TV stations in ours anymore, they’ve all moved to Launnie and Hobart anyway.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nine (Tasmanian Digital Television)

According to a post on another forum, the Southern Cross GTS/BKN viewing area will finally be able to watch 9Life from September 30 on Channel 84. This will be the first time that the GTS/BKN viewing area will be able to watch 9Life (via terrestrial TV anyway), so better almost three years late than never, I guess?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not sure if there’s any other areas that will receive the channel from that date, but at least all the regional markets where SCA controls the playout for Nine Network programming should be covered.

4 Likes

I wonder if they will launch 9HD at the same time?

1 Like

Which forum? Do they have any more info?

Paul on Popedia (@SouthCoastTV’s forum), 3rd post of this page:

Not sure whether Regional SA/Broken Hill are getting Nine HD, but with no mention of that channel in his post I presume GTS/BKN area viewers may still have only have access to Nine in SD and 9Gem in MPEG2 HD after September 30.

2 Likes

Interesting I thought 7flix or 7HD would have been the priorities, considering their main affiliation is with 7.

2 Likes

Thought they already had 7HD?

Tasmania is the only SCA Seven station to have 7HD, GTS/BKN, Darwin and Central have been unchanged for some years.

Maybe SCA is finding it easier to deal with Nine than deal with Seven?

2 Likes

I suspect the introduction of 9Life is purely to satisfy their Australian content obligations - given that Nine run very close to the limit, it would be easier to just run a straight relay of all channels than have to mess around adding in their own replays of shows and doing the calculations to make sure everything adds up - even if it means running the extra channel completely on freebie advertising, the saved effort would make it viable.

Without doing the calculations, I suspect it’s not as big a problem with the Seven channels - they seem to run more Australian content on 7two and 7mate.

2 Likes

Well they could just do a WIN and ignore ACMA and do literally nothing.