Nine (Southern Cross)

Service maintenance work scroll:

2 Likes

Why does 9 Canberra advise viewers in the Gong. Why not 9 Gong?

2 Likes

SC 9 is such a screwy operation they don’t know who they are?

1 Like

I see on Southern Cross at start they used the transparent HD addon for the Gold Telethon:

Then they had their own gold HD bug:

3 Likes

More maintenance work for Nine Wollongong…

video:

3 Likes

Thanks @Zampakid . So it’s work only to their TX and not all channels off at that tower?

There are viewers who overlap between Canberra and Illawarra TV around Goulburn. They might get the Canberra signal in one room with rabbit ears and Wollongong in the other with a rooftop. One possible explanation - aside from the more plausible fact that working in presentation is not a well paid nor highly regarded job!

1 Like

not quite true in some stations.

Local areas do overlap inside their own licences in SNSW in the South West Slopes, and for RQLD just north of Ingham.

As for licenses overlapping each other, Griffith and Mildura overlap with areas of SNSW and RVIC respectively as well. Gambier/Riverland crosses the border into RVIC, while Central overlaps pretty much everywhere. Some of the metro stations overlap with their regional counterparts on the fringes, as do the Remote WA and “Regional” WA licenses of GWN.

TV overlap is more common than you think.

1 Like

Bendigo and Ballarat overlap around Maryborough, most areas overlap somewhere

1 Like

yep they do should know i live in maryborough where i live we can only get ballarat but next door and furthur down the road can get bendigo i know someone who can get both ballarat and bendigo . this also affects the news as i notice that with western victoria they dont cover maryborough as much as central victoria do so i miss out on whats going in maryborough coz of this tried telling nine news western victoria but they dont care

I meant your impression of pres coords

1 Like

Give Me 5 pop up:

Another promo:

3 Likes

Some updates:

Just saw a bit of that watching Young Sheldon from earlier in the week. Poor quality picture and terrible sound.

A Nine Brisbane “Bridge to Brisbane” ident/ad aired on SC9 this morning, starting off with the statement “are you a Brisbanite?”

2 Likes

So…are you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m guessing it would have aired on QTQ on the Gold Coast as well.

What is the noun for inhabitants of Ayr?

Please let it be Ayrheads.

15 Likes