Nine (Southern Cross)

Albury Commercial Health Check:

1 Like

A promo for Aspire, which is literally the 10 second ID with a strap added:

Original:

2 Likes
6 Likes

SC9 seems to have played the SC7 Sponsor Board audio at the start of the NRL tonight.

“This telecast of the 2018 AFL Premiership is brought to you by…”

5 Likes

SC9 in Townsville keep playing ads 2 times in a row this morning, one after the other.
What causes this? Surely their computers/whatever chooses the ad order, is set to not show the same one twice in a row

Don’t think there would be such a random setting. It is up to the schedulers to do their job properly, unless there’s some kind of system bug. Are the whole ad breaks double the length of time as well?

No, the ad break timing was still perfect.
Just when I was watching this morning, every ad break, there would be at least 1 ad that would be shown twice consecutively.

Job vacancy:

What is their office location? 3GG studios in Warragul or do they have a place of their own in a more populous town?

SCA have a TV sales office in Traralgon, where I imagine the 9 Local News reporters are also based.

3 Likes

Stage 1 of the Norrebro residential development on the vacant land to the south of SC studios at Watson in Canberra commences construction in July and will be finished July 2019. Stages 2 and 3 that are planned for the land where the studios are will built sometime after that, so SC are not moving within the next year at least it seems. The real estate agent selling the townhouses and apartments had a stand in the Canberra Centre last week.

The masterplan. The current vacant land is Stage 1.

2 Likes

Give Me 5 promo:

1 Like

State Of Origin Sponsor (in picture caps):

4 Likes

Two more Give Me 5 promos:

1 Like

The old NineOn5 website from the affiliation change no longer goes anywhere

4 Likes

They need the money to register SevenOn6 for the Southern Cross changeover.

15 Likes

Which changes nothing. No LCN change as is your comedic take on it I’m sure.

It was good to see SCA come a cropper with 9 on 5, ACMA should have legislative control instead of the stations working out amongst themselves. None foresaw any affiliation change in their complacent, dated business acumen (glaring lack thereof) and didn’t think it was a bridge they’d need bother to cross.

They did, WIN played up and this is the result.

You’d think Tasmania as a standalone state with a capital city, albeit a small one would have had their channels on the metro LCNs. WIN on 9 as it then was (now 10) and so on.

If the people of Adelaide in much simpler times could work out that ADS 7 on air personalities would the next night be on 10 and horror of all horrors, had to physically get up and switch buttons or turn knobs in the 80’s, the Tasmanian population can change their remote button pressing.

5 Likes

Been offline for nearly a year!

Tas could easily use 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9. Then WIN could still use their 8 range.

2 Likes

Exactly, that would work.

If they had wanted to, TVT (WIN) could have used LCN 6 for easy conversion from TVT-6 and likewise had TNT-9 agreed to LCN 9.

This would’ve been more relevant had we moved to digital from the days of dial knob TVs.