Nine (Southern Cross)

‘Local Community’ ummm, that’s St Pancras railway station in London.

7 Likes

I’ve been to Canberra. You really don’t want to be filming its railway station.

3 Likes

Surely there would be some large square or shopping strip in Canberra that they could’ve filmed instead?

5 Likes

They could film a bus stop in Canberra if they want public transport footage that’s relevant to the city! :wink:

1 Like

Nice to see SCA9 putting in some effort like their regional rivals.

SCA well known (under Ten) for not doing much, even more was done in 2000s than now!

Overall the ad looks tacky. Looks like someone got a template off one of those overpriced video stores and brought the stock video and music with it.

2 Likes

Probably a better option than filming the one tram we have sitting in the depot until testing begins in a few months, I guess.

5 Likes

Or a stop at the local light rail?

Just a generic ad designed to be used in multiple markets, but very silly of them to use very easily recognisable locations.

1 Like

A construction site?

2 Likes

Office Furniture department at Officeworks??

Perhaps 6 Yallourn St Fyshwick?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Since it’s Canberra, I’m surprised they didn’t slot in a shot of Parliament House because that’s apparently all that exists in Canberra (and roundabouts).

3 Likes

I heard something about some Golf Course next to a lake in Canberra where all the ‘Rich people play golf’ :thinking::thinking::thinking:

There are three arboretums, two named ones and the original one in the golf course. Lots of stuff in Canberra. SCA Nine Canberra could have show the Margaret Whitlam pavilion that looks like a mini Sydney Opera House.

1 Like

Brand Works Presentation TVC:

1 Like

The Canberra version:

2 Likes

Not sure what’s going on, but i’ve noticed a heap of those stupid Nine News Brisbane “Major exclusive” ads have started to appear on SC9 again this week. (Including an endboard containing Andrew and Melissa).

They haven’t been airing here at all (mostly) since the local version of 9 News started last year.

SC9 running “A Current Affair - Next” promos during 9 News regional, even though A Current Affair is not airing in Queensland tonight.

2 Likes

The Canberra Centre would have provided a very similar shot. There are no railway stations in Australia as elegant as St Pancras. The sad thing is they aren’t showing off their production skills at all, as that footage all appears to be stock.

1 Like

Seriously, that’s the cleverest thing you could think of?

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen this happening, but there’s a solid 1-second delay on SC9 this afternoon.

We’re seeing about 1 second of metro ads, and missing about 1 second of programming after the ad break.

1 Like