Nine On-Air Presentation

The three versions of the Nine Christmas ID, as used last year:

6 Likes

Movie advert with 9 logo.

7 Likes

Looks so half-arsed compared with previous movie idents.

13 Likes

The logo should really be 3D…

5 Likes

“Let’s take a clip from the movie and just slap the Nine logo on it.”

1 Like

Fluke that the G classification + logo looked like a Christmas watermark for a few seconds.

11 Likes

New 2018 Promo:

15 Likes

Almost looked like a new on-air package for 2018?

12 Likes

Possibly a case of wait & see?

I personally thought Nine’s Christmas/New Year On-Air Presentation in 2014 might’ve been a hint at a relaunch at the time (I guess like how the 2008/09 festive season graphics had some hints of the “Choose Nine” graphics), but of course nothing came out of that.

8 Likes

I still don’t get the “We are the one” slogan. I should be We are the one for entertainment, then We are the one for news and current affairs; We are the one for sport. (not spinning chairs).

5 Likes

Guessing this is shown in Melbourne as it includes The Footy Show and is sans Peter Overton. Spot the differences :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That’s WIN :wink::wink:

Thought the same when I saw it air just now in QLD.
Though the version of this that SCA carried obviously had Melissa Downes and Andrew Lofthouse featured instead of our regional news presenters.

Saw Peter Hitchener sit next to and look at Tracy Grimshaw during the promo.

The slogan IMO is also so 2000s, dated and confusing, given they can’t say they’re “Number 1” due to ratings leadership by another network.

I do like the promo itsself though.

:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

They could have used a better background track, such as remixing the old 2004 Still The One Promo music.

Couldn’t find a more flattering screen grab for the Queensland ident.

10 Likes

Wonder what Perth will get seeing as we lost Tim and Emmy.

The promo was a bit over the place, but visually good looking

5 Likes

That’s a pretty nice promo. Hope that’s a hint towards a presentation refresh too.

Did anyone else half expect Scotty to hit a blue or yellow button on the screen when he walked up? :thinking:

10 Likes

The Melbourne Idents for 2018 still has Peter Hitchener who’s about to enter his 20th Year reading the Weeknight Bulletin, No Rugby League Stories in the City’s Main Bulletin except for the Storm, State of Origin and NRL Finals involving Storm.

4 Likes

I expect there will be a regional variation of the pro