Sample of today’s presentation elements and promos from Nine

2 Likes

Unreal Estate Promo

2 Likes

The voice of Channel 9, Ken Sparkes, died this morning from a heart attack

Ken Sparkes on ACA in 2007.

6 Likes
1 Like

Earlier on Nine I saw an in-promo pop up appear which said “What really happened to Jonberne (spelling) Ramsay”, “The Killer is revealed just hours after the U.S.”

It then transitioned to a The Footy Show logo with Monday, Tuesday after the Block written next to it. I was a bit confused at first until I realised it was a mistake.

Here’s another graphics mistake I’ve just seen

6 Likes

Seen a few errors like that before. Still nowhere near as bad as WIN when they controlled Nine in Perth.

Maybe Scott Cam is expanding his horizons and performing surgery now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

STW Perth had the correct graphic just then for Amazing Medical Stories

Must have just been a problem on the Brisbane feed then.
As mentioned earlier, I also saw The Footy Show logo appear on the pop-up for the Ramsay documentary, but I missed getting a cap of that unfortunately

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:252, topic:266, full:true”]
Here’s another graphics mistake I’ve just seen[/quote]

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:256, topic:266, full:true”]

Must have just been a problem on the Brisbane feed then.
As mentioned earlier, I also saw The Footy Show logo appear on the pop-up for the Ramsay documentary, but I missed getting a cap of that unfortunately
[/quote]Can’t speak for the other mistakes you mentioned as I wasn’t watching Nine all night, but this one for ‘Amazing Medical Stories’ (with Scott Cam apparently :expressionless:) happened on TDT9 (which is of course a direct feed of 9 Melbourne).

Oops! :grin:

1 Like

I’ve just seen another mistake in pop-up graphics again tonight.

An image of The Unreal Estate hosts appeared with “NRL Footy Finals” logo plastered next to it :confused:

2 Likes

A mistake also on 9Gem. PRG read “Now: See no Evil with Piers Morgan”, though Piers Morgan has nothing to do with the show.

It seems that Nine are replaying old Idents today (albeit with a Nine HD corner logo and a voiceover) as part of their 60 Years of Australian TV celebrations. This one’s the Sydney version of their 1983 “Come On Along” Ident, if I’m not mistaken:

8 Likes

Other classic idents they’ve aired so far…
(first one is not the real 80’s ident cheaply done also originally used to promote The Amazing 80’s back in 2013)

7 Likes

Unsure if they add any value to the station when they are off centre, blurry sides (understand they are trying to retain the original 4x3 look), and that Still the One ident is not even the original ending (plus it looks like they ripped it straight from YouTube as opposed to original media). The come on along one looks like the best of the bunch so far, except their heads look a little stretched.

Plus the voiceover isn’t great either. Why not either no voiceover so it can be enjoyed as it originally aired, or have a veteran voiceover artist like Pete Smith do it? Plus it doesn’t have to carry on, just a quick “Happy 60th Birthday Channel Nine” would be sufficient.

2 Likes

Another “Living Color” Ident from 1975. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this one before!

6 Likes
6 Likes

That first one is a really crappy Youtube rip. If someone actually went to the effort of sourcing the original master tapes or film, they can look really good, even in HD.

1 Like