Nine On-Air Presentation

It’s not the first time Nine has done on-air presentation changes so soon after a new look. 2006, 2009 was previous years that it has happened.

Since this new “bracket” look was launched today I wonder if the signposts, PRGs etc will follow tomorrow!

I’ve seen that James Bond ad linked above airing here on SC9 for close to a week now.
I think it’s been more of a slow launch over the last few days.

Maybe they’re emphasising 9HD more now to try and piss off WIN, who are not broadcasting 9HD in the markets they still have some control of Nine in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Are Nine so short of presentation ideas that they have to resurrect a 16 year-old look? In 2000 when Ten was using it, it it looked fresh and original and coincided with networks first promoting a web presence; now it looks dated and more like they are copying Seven’s chevrons.

I wish the HD part of the logo were 3D like the 9. It looks out of place.

3 Likes

I’d rather that they use the dots a bit more in their graphics but for what it’s worth, personally I don’t dislike Nine’s use of square brackets. And yes, I can certainly see the comparisons with Ten. But I think that the square brackets have been off Ten long enough to look different on Nine from most graphical elements seen on TV in recent times…

If we want to talk about Nine taking some of Ten’s past On-Air Presentation elements, here’s another one: Nine currently uses at least three former longtime Ten voiceover artists for their network branding! :wink:

I agree. Something like this one (but with the colour changing along with the Nine logo, of course) would probably work well:

3 Likes

Are these common?
First time I’ve ever seen an ad blended into the lineup.

This was recorded on Friday.

2 Likes

It hasn’t been entirely uncommon to see Nine’s lineups include sponsorship (or self-sponsorship) in recent years…

1 Like

I have seen that on Nine regional here as well.

These lineups air on SC9 dirty, directly from the Metro 9 feed, so the same lineup would be shown on both versions of Nine.

1 Like

9Life/9Now promo

2 Likes

Capped this promo late last week showing 9’s programming for the Post-Olympics period.

1 Like

Corey Parker Ident:

1 Like

There’s definitely been a little bit of a graphics refresh and much more emphasis on 9HD lately.
Here’s a couple of videos I’ve recorded this afternoon:

1 Like

With the heavier emphasis on Nine HD in the promotion and On-Air Presentation, I wonder whether we might see some new generic promos for Nine HD anytime soon?

With Seven clearly maintaining the opinion that it’s generally more important for most metro viewers to see a multichannel in HD, Nine HD broadcasting most/all premium main channel content in HD to every metro market and the major regional areas is a very strong selling point that probably should be taken advantage of IMO.

2 Likes

The video transition for the sponsors billboard is ‘Inset’

Double Nine logo…

7 Likes

Promo for Doctor Doctor

5 Likes

A doctor who daydreams with a dysfunctional family, an ex-partner and a potential new love interest. Now where have I seen that before? :rolling_eyes:

First promo on Nine I’ve seen in a long time that isn’t crap or using a popular song for no other reason that it’s in the charts right now.

I actually like the look of this. Finally an Aussie drama which doesn’t look either braindead stupid conceptually or overly ABC-ified.

1 Like