Nine On-Air Presentation

The final on air look with the infamous 9 in a blue box logo. 7 used some of the elements from after the Beijing Olympics until 2011

3 Likes

I really can’t see too many similarities between Nine’s Summer 2007-08 On-Air Presentation package and Seven’s October 2008 to February 2011 (from memory) graphics myself…

Probably referring to the angled white bar across the bottom

3 Likes

Although it looks similar, if I remember correctly, the Seven version had more of an angle to it.

The diagonal text too.

The diagonal text and white bar at the bottom was identical to 9’s Summer 2007-08 (last with the Nine in a box look) on-air presentation

I don’t ever watch breakfast shows, have nine always that these in show pop up’s during TODAY? Looks fucking terrible, let alone advertising some stupid clip slow.

10 Likes

Because there isn’t enough shit covering so much of the screen already, they need to have pop ups too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Saw this promo via SCA 9Gem for the ICC tonight with the 9Now logo added to the endtag. First time I’ve seen it, could’ve been used previously on other promos though.

7 Likes

Anyone know the names of the Nine Network’s voice-overs?

I know Jenny Wilson (the one who does 9Gem & formerly Network Ten for 11 years)…

But there’s at least 6 others (main male, main female, long time deep-voice male, 9 News, 9Go male & 9Go female)

Bill Weaver (not sure if he’s still there? I don’t watch much on Nine)

Steve Britten is the main guy.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that Bill Weaver currently does the voiceovers on ABC-TV and is probably more associated with Channel Seven, but I think he briefly did VOs for Nine at some point around 2005-06ish.

If I’m not mistaken it’s Steve Britten, Phil Baildon (mainly ACA/Today promos), Matthew O’Sullivan (mainly News/60 Minutes promos) and Paul Pittioni who are Nine’s current main voiceover guys. Not sure about 9Go! or 9Life.

1 Like

Okay, so…

NINE NETWORK VOICE-ARTISTS (for interest sake):
please post names of ‘unknowns’ if known

Main male: Paul Pittioni (formerly Ch 10, 2005-2014)

Main female: unknown

9Gem: Jenny Wilson (formerly Ch 10, 2000-2011)

9Go! male: unknown

9Go! female: unknown

Sport/major shows: Steve Britten

News & 60 Minutes: Matthew O’Sullivan

ACA, Today Show & formerly Classifications: Phil Baildon

Seeing a few new promos with

[ ]

and the show’s name or time in them, which then fades. Similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2GtQid8oJQ

but for Unreal Estate in yellow etc.

ZOMG MINI RELAUNCH ALERT!!!

6 Likes

That looks great :smiley:

2 Likes

While I’m aware that the Nine HD logo has been used on promos for certain types of programing genres for a while now (eg, sport coverage, movies), sharp observers of Nine over the last week or so would’ve undoubtedly noticed how the Nine HD logo is now being used for almost every program promo.

And while I’m also aware that there’s been 9Life/Nine HD lineups running on 9Life a while (probably since the channel(s) launched), today was the first time that I’ve seen the Nine HD logo being used on a lineup airing on the main channel:

Graphically, I’m not sure if it’s just The Block-themed (since that “sparkly dust” effect has been used throughout promos for that show) or if Nine are moving away from the last “ribbon” graphics for good in favour of the “sparkly dust” look. Maybe Nine are doing a minor refresh of their look? More of a promotional emphasis on Nine HD? Or are we simply reading into things too much? All are quite plausible…

5 Likes

Square brackets are back, baby!

16 Likes

Nines new shows line up just seems like more of the same. Very nine. The block, nrl finals.

Hide and seek looks half decent. The rest is the usual nine bullshit

Tweet with a new “Join the Chat” promo, using the brackets theme

Direct link: https://amp.twimg.com/v/cdf542a8-eef3-48cb-a820-3d2365a835e7

[seriously]!

10 Likes

I like the subtle changes they’ve made.
They look really nice.

I love the square brackets in that Bond promo!

1 Like