9Go!

Late night replays months after they aired in the 1990s then mainly in pay tv after that.

New 8-part drama for 9GO!, Metro Sexual, has received production funding from Screen Australia.

An eight-part series for 9Go! and 9Now about doctors Stephanie and Langdon who work at Metropolitan Sexual Health clinic. They have a tough enough job as it is dealing with odorous STIs and arduous colleagues, but when government cuts threaten to close them down they must do whatever it takes to save the clinic. The series will be produced by Darren McFarlane (Bruce) and Riley Nottingham (Your Call Is Important To Us), who also stars alongside comedian Geraldine Hickey. The creative team also features writer/director Henry Boffin and writer Nicholas Kraak from Humdrum Comedy, and executive producer Julia Adams (The Bureau of Magical Things). Metro Sexual is produced in association with Film Victoria, Screen Queensland, the Department of Health and Human Services and Yarraville Club.

Sounds like a comedy rather than a drama even though it would be classified under a drama quota.

1 Like

Anyone noticed 9Go airing ‘blokey’ shows recently, like a automotive show I’ve noticed. Seems a cop out of another multi-multi-channel’s strategy.

Didn’t they have another show like this a few years ago, set in a sexual healyh clinic?

I think it was a web series with short episodes that was reconfigured and shown as a tv series.

Men in Black - Movie tie-in Ident:

2 Likes

Nine used to air the movies I’m sure

How could 9GO! have a Men in Black tie-in since 10 already has its own?

They’re not exclusive are they? They’re just a different, shorter and more stylised form of a usual advertisement from a theatrical distributor, for an upcoming or recently released movie.

Part of the advertising package.

2 Likes

Happy 10th birthday

5 Likes

I’ve been comparing Go!Kids/9Go! with ABC Kids/Comedy. Both were channels that started off as full-on, but then became channels with kids programming during the day.

ABC2 became ABC Comedy just because the comedy programs (and of course, the daily Spicks and Specks repeats) were out-rating the other content there. If 9Go!'s highest-rating non-kids content are the movies, maybe it’s time for an dual rebrand?

The Lion Guard is now airing on 9go! (previously on Seven under the Disney output deal ) so even the kid’s programming block now has Disney content and barely any WB content left.

How long can Kids’ WB last considering there’s barely any WB content left? Surely they can’t air Disney content under the Kids’ WB brand?

2 Likes

This is the last week of Friends on 9GO.

1 Like

I’ll light a candle.

1 Like

This could mean that Friends is moving to another network.

It would either move to Seven, where it aired Season 1 back in 1996 before moving to Nine for the rest of the series, or to 10, who had the repeat rights in the late 2000s.

It would fit in well on either 7flix or 10 Peach.

5 Likes

Does this mean the same for Stan too ? Doesn’t say it is expiring .

Broadcast and streaming are different.

2 Likes