Nine News Local

Must of been a glitch

I was watching in NQ and we did have a significant glitch, but I didn’t see the audio issues described.

In NQ, after the football finished, we were treated to nearly the entire opening headlines of 9 News Brisbane (with the sport HD watermark present), which was cut abruptly to a “Nine.com.au” ad before the regional bulletin then started properly

3 Likes

Good to have it CONFIRMED when someone goes on leave, if only to cut down the number of posts we get about it.

1 Like

You can reactivate the moderator holiday roster lol.

The Canberra chroma key went to air during the Illawarra local news window on last night’s bulletin.

5 Likes

Not recording tonight, so unfortunately didn’t get a cap of it.

But we just had a story air in Townsville on the local window which featured a brief mention with vision of an incident a few years ago, the footage had a large “WIN News Exclusive” watermark in the top left corner.

5 Likes

I have posted about this issue before, but it’s still a consistent problem that is appearing every night.
For whatever reason, their 7-day forecast graphics ALWAYS show a heavy rain graphic for the last day, during every nights bulletin. The official forecast on BOM shows “Partly Cloudy”.
The percentage chance of rain (0%) is correct, but the icon every night always shows Heavy Rain in the last place.

Looks stupid telling viewers there will be heavy rain, and a 0% chance of rain all at once.

6 Likes

Wow… did they even do this for local or state elections?

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, no.

There’s also the question of whether they should be producing local bulletins on election weekends (it’s a bit poor that regional viewers of Nine News having to wait until Monday for a comprehensive wrap-up of their local results when the cities will get theirs on Sunday) but that’s another matter.

4 Likes

8 Likes

TONIGHT: The Prime Minister joins @VanessaOHanlon LIVE with his last pitch to voters on the eve of the federal election

Wait… so they DIDN’T “cross to network coverage? Shock horror :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Darwin Monday bulletin:

4 Likes

So the RACQ, who do not operate in the Northern Territory, sponsor the fuel watch segment. The AANT would be a more appropriate sponsor.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s a bad way to put the segment out as a bulk buy across territories. Unless the NT has been annexed by Queensland.

1 Like

They’re clearly targeting the niche viewer who’s watching Nine Darwin on VAST from Queensland and who’s making the long drive into Darwin, and wants to find the cheapest petrol.

4 Likes

Watched some of Nine News Central West whilst I’m in Dubbo tonight.

I honestly have to say it looks a bit more integrated than NBNs bulletin (eg. the break music isn’t as long for the pre recorded bits), and it didn’t scream Sydney or anywhere else to me like the NBN bulletin screams Newcastle when watching it anywhere else.

And the weather graphics didn’t look as bad as I thought it might given it’s presented by Gavin Morris from NBN whose bulletin still outputs very ordinary looking upscaled SD. Perhaps the weather graphics are done in Sydney?

My only critisms are that the headlines are a bit overly locally focused, a bit the opposite to NBN. And more local content is needed too - I think there was only one local sport report tonight.

2 Likes

A bulletin I have from the previous month didn’t have any logo at all, so maybe it was a mistake to have the RACQ one on that bulletin:

3 Likes

Couple of small errors on Regional QLD/NT tonight, no audio after the intro for a few seconds and the dual presenters weren’t framed correctly for the first live cross.

1 Like

Caught some of the Border North East bulletin tonight (first time I’ve seen a Melbourne produced regional bulletin).

Two reports for Albury Wodonga, the Shepparton item was about golf course vandalism at Moama. They also mentioned petrol prices in Shepparton.

Heard Jo Hall refer to it as “Nine Local News” when going to an ad break. I don’t recall hearing this being used in Southern NSW.

The other odd thing I noticed is that reporter supers were used for the local reports, but not for GTV/network items (unless there is a live cross).

2 Likes

Forgot to mention, but I also saw the Rockhampton/Gladstone fuel price graphic randomly appear midway through a live cross during the QLD bulletin last night. Appeared on screen for about 2 seconds

1 Like