Nine News Local

and it was (shown in western Victoria

and the reason why maryborough is shown both 9 news central and western victoria , is because maryborough gets both bendigo and ballarat signals depending on what part of maryborough you live on

1 Like

Possibly the same with Moama in getting Shepparton and Bendigo signals?

Not unusual, but tonight’s weather throw:

Sam: “Well, we’re still shivering through cold temperatures …”

Who writes these?. It was 28°C here in Townsville today, and checking BOM, other viewing areas weren’t cold either, 29 in Rockhampton, 32 in Darwin

4 Likes

Maybe taken from the NSW bulletin!?

Where in Bathurst where I am tonight, it was 11 degrees today, and will be 8 tomorrow, but sunny!

9 degrees overnight in Noosaville. Could it be referring to the Sunshine Coast?

1 Like

South East areas had their coldest morning since 2000 last night. Tomorrow’s forecast:

Sunshine Coast viewers had a full minute of black screen and no sound during the opening local segment of tonight’s news.

3 Likes

Off topic but Geez, that weather sounds like a dream a could snap has hit Sydney with wind howling with daytime temps feeling like single digits.

Back to the scripting of the regional bulletins… they really need to fix it… it’s been going on for a while now? Since the bulletins were originally rolled out.

I agree, the weather scripting sounds really bad… surely they would know not to assume everywhere in regional QLD/ Darwin is having cold morning temps just because the Sunshine Coast is.

2 Likes

When you go to places like Darwin and other hot environments, people freak out when it gets under 30 degrees and say it’s cold, so maybe it’s just humour?

2 Likes

A few years back, I vividly remember seeing a report online from Nine News Darwin about it being a cold morning. The minimum temperature was somewhere around the 18-19 degree mark, a level which Sydneysiders and Melbournians would consider to be quite warm at the height of Summer! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

494d300cd14121438215bc4900bfd34f

Yes indeed

1 Like

It would be wearing thin when it happens so often though.

Definitely wasn’t said with humour.
I think they’re genuinely just referring to the SEQ region, where they are, being cold. One market out of the 7 markets that see that part of the bulletin.

2 Likes

No! We’ve been sweating through months and months of hot weather. Locals just want it to finally cool down already.

The air conditioning at work has been on the blink the last few days and i’ve been thinking to myself that it’s ridiculous that i’m sweating at work, just days from the start of winter.

3 Likes

No wonder you’re looking to move south.

Had subtitles on tonight and noticed that they don’t properly subtitle the opening headlines.

The subtitles just said “the latest from your local region, Queensland, and the globe”.

Then as the title card appeared with voiceover saying “this is Nine News North Queensland”, the subtitles said “this is Nine Local News”.

4 Likes

So this happened in Darwin just before 6pm local time, yet there was no mention throughout the entire 9 News bulletin tonight. Obviously with the half hour delay there is a delay there for NT viewers. But there was no mention of this across the whole bulletin.

Surely there would have been extensive coverage if this bulletin was still presented locally?

6 Likes

The ABC has just been reporting on it on the last hour or so- so a mention on the 6pm would have been unlikely. That is not to say that a local crew wouldn’t be doing special coverage if they were still based out of Darwin tonight. Rosanna Kingsun is on the ground and reporting for 9 News Perth so it would be possible. She is doing a great job.

3 Likes

Nine would’ve probably done a Facebook bulletin

There is also casualties on the same road as their current headquarters, so they are probably not allowed there at the moment.

2 Likes