Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Scherri-Lee will be staying out in Sydney at least until Feb 5

8 Likes

His only 55. Look at Hitch. He could go on for a long while yet. I reckon he will.

Could go on for decades. Georgie could even retire before him.

I havenā€™t seen Charles present news much before but I thought he was good tonight. Nine Sydney are definitely well catered for with back up newsreaders - Mark Burrows, Lizzie Pearl, Davina Smith as well as Charles and Amber can present too. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve missed others too.

3 Likes

Even though Charles and (particularly) Lizzie are very good:

• Georgie is a very strong newsreader
  • She has been in that role for over 10 years and known in the market for longer
  • She is well regarded
  • They are winning the ratings (convincingly) on weekdays and weekends and still when she is in the main chair over summer.

Itā€™s laughable that you think an executive would disregard all that and discard an established anchor in favour of something (Peteā€™s retirement) that is yonks away. Itā€™s laughable because nobody contemplated such a scenario until you brought it up.

Also, Iā€™m unsure why youā€™re saying itā€™s ā€œclearā€ Georgie isnā€™t a part of the intermediate succession plan. Thatā€™s unlikely the case.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Interviews are NOT meant to be fun!

Get to the heart of the issue, make them squirm and be uncomfortable to get the cold hard facts!

What is wrong with you, Jo! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I think you just wrote her resume for her! Sounds very convincing!

7 Likes

Dougal is presenting sport as well as news in Melbourne tonight. Must be very short on presenters.

7 Likes

Must be a first for the Melbourne bulletin, unless there was a late-covid test required

4 Likes

Could we assume Tony Jones was meant to be presenting sport? Heā€™s back filling in on 3AW this week after taking last week off, albeit working from home today - possibly covid related.

1 Like

Both Seven and Nine have done same thing over the course of a few days. Blake Johnson and TJ have been off. Itā€™s all Covid related.

1 Like

Dougal has worked every day as anchor since Boxing Day. He needs a break.

Heā€™s reading one bulletin which lasts just one hour, heā€™ll live. Heā€™ll get a break when the timeā€™s right.

Clint Stanaway is currently isolating due to COVID.

4 Likes

^ His Insta literally says day 4 of 7.

2 Likes

Tj is on leave, Alicia Muling is on leave, Corey Norris is on leave. Clint is isolating due to Covid, Ayrton on days off. They are not going to push braden into the hosting chair.

5 Likes

Hitch appeared in Friday Lunch after the 1pm news, which is a more relaxed segment of 3AW Afternoons.

2 Likes

Speaking of, anyone keen to listen to Jo Hallā€™s chat with Peter Hitchener (and Simon Owens, a 3AW colleague), can take a listen to the link below (skip to 40:20).

At one point they briefly mentioned how Nine used to do overnight news updates, and Pete and Jo also spoke about animals going on the live camera during news breaks (seagulls and bugs), and how flies would always enter the Bendigo Street studio (one even hung around next to Jo on a bulletin and she thought she couldā€™ve swat it live on air!), so News Director John Sorrell installed a huge fly zapper in the studio.

3 Likes

jo hall sounds different on radio then she does on tv

I think @Radioheadā€™s comment was a joke.

2 Likes