Nine News Presenters and Reporters

That’s a neat magic trick. Presenting a bulletin a month after leaving a network.

1 Like

No, that’s the pubic face she put on, especially after shafted for Alicia.

Loyalty means nothing. Ask people like Graeme Goodings.

1 Like

She wasn’t shafted for Alicia - she clearly said at the time, she didn’t want to work weekends anymore and hasn’t since.

Shafted in terms of being 2nd In Command. But yeah I guess if 9 said all was happy and rosy at the time then it must have been.

1 Like

Apologies, I misspoke. She’d announced her resignation from Nine at that time. Due to finish up sometime soon.

Agree though - big loss for TCN.

From her Instagram on December 3:

7 Likes

Laura Tunstall presenting the national afternoon news bulletin yesterday

7 Likes

New Years Eve - 31 December 2021
Charles Croucher will present Nine News Sydney tonight at 6pm.

6 Likes

At the end of the bulletin she said “Charles Croucher will have more news at 6” despite it being local bulletins this evening… :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Sydney bulletin had Perth’s Scherri-Lee Biggs in the North Sydney studio presenting weather tonight.

Is that an Australian television first having another city’s talent presenting on a state based bulletin outside of their home market?

Ray Wilkie was TEN-10’s weatherman for a period but he presented from the Brisbane studio.

8 Likes

She’s moved to Sydney now to be network talent. She’s technically no-longer part of the Perth team, isn’t she?

I thought she was there temporarily over Summer to do Today’s weather, then going back to Perth afterwards.

Unless if something’s changed along the way.

3 Likes

Probably the new Weekend Today weather presenter.

Who has been doing weather at 6pm the other nights this week?

3 Likes

That’s what I thought.

Maybe McGowan has refused to let her back into WA or Nine is in the process of moving talent east so they can shut down the STW9 studios to save some cash and have Perth’s news presented from Sydney. I wonder when Thommo arrives? (joke)

I’m sure you’ll be thrilled about it if it ever came to fruition :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Does anyone else think that Nine should consider appointing someone like Charles Croucher or Lizzie Pearl to the Friday/Saturday newsreading role in Sydney permanently?

Nothing against Georgie Gardner at all, but it’s clear she won’t be Peter Overton’s successor, so would they be better off building up the profile of one of the more junior readers for when the time comes?

(And yes, I know what I said yesterday about prominent talent being able to save their jobs, but Georgie could always be redeployed elsewhere around the network and this is all hypothetical talk of course).

Peter Overton wasn’t the weekend presenter when he replaced Mark Ferguson, Michael Usher was.

Also not convinced that Georgie wouldn’t replace Pete, depends on when he retires I think.

1 Like

I doubt they’d do anything drastic as long as Georgie serves up a win against Seven News regularly. I rate her as an excellent presenter and even if she doesn’t succeed Overton she’s in a top league and there’s no other roles at the network that would fit her.

Lizzie and Charles are building their profiles through other means (Today, reporting, national bulletins) so I think they’ve got a win win situation at the moment. Though I wouldn’t mind seeing Lizzie and Charles do more filling in on Nine News Sydney instead of having Mark Burrows as the main fill-in for Pete or Georgie (nothing against him, just that I find Lizzie and Charles to be better readers).

1 Like

Laughable

How is that laughable? Even if Georgie pulls big ratings, Friday and Saturday (Saturday more so) ratings are not nearly as important as Sunday to Thursday. Would it not be better building up the profiles of the likes of Charles? Highly doubt Georgie will be Pete’s successor. Many people have said on here in the past that Pete could still be reading news for another 15-20 years.

1 Like