Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Jessica Braithwaite returned from maternity leave tonight on 9 News Adelaide.

7 Likes

Who is this reporter?
There was no super or sign off for superannuation piece on the 6pm Sydney news.
Haven’t seen her before.

3 Likes

Eliza Edwards. Ex Sky. Been with Nine maybe 5-6 months now.

7 Likes

Looks like she’s Kathleen Gazzola’s replacement.

2 Likes

Wednesday 1 September -
Laura Turner presented the Afternoon News in Melbourne.

8 Likes

Is this the first time she’s presented?
I’m waiting patiently for Jo Hall!!

2 Likes

I think so!

Unfortunately it looks like Jo is back to what she did prior to regional news. Maybe she might still fill in from time to time but it would be a shame if she doesn’t have a regular presenting role anymore.

Maybe Rebecca Maddern might also appear on the afternoon news in the future?

4 Likes
9 Likes

Has Jo filed any reports since she’s finished her newsreading duties? (I rarely watch Nine News Melbourne).

1 Like
13 Likes

happy 30 years peter Overton he is a legend in ch9 news very respectful

5 Likes

It’s rare that someone stays with the same employer for that long these days, even more so in the cut throat media industry.

Well done Pete!

4 Likes

Goes to show that some are either extremely loyal or Nine Sydney has a good working environment.

You certainly don’t see that level of loyalty at Seven.

3 Likes

While things have probably improved since then, I’d imagine that Pete would’ve come close to leaving Nine about 15 years ago after how poorly they treated Jessica Rowe during her short time at the network

2 Likes

Brett McLeod filed his first report as Europe Correspondent tonight

6 Likes

I feel like Brett McLeod might’ve been the wrong choice as Europe correspondent, because he makes a great newsreader. Say if Peter Hitchener chooses to retire while Brett is still overseas then Alicia Loxley would probably step into the weekday role and Jo Hall or Dougal Beatty would probably step into the weekend role. Then when Brett McLeod returns to Australia and completes his 14 day hotel quarantine he would step into the weekday role and Alicia Loxley would return to weekends. I don’t know of anyone else who could’ve been employed as a Europe correspondent, but Brett McLeod was definitely the wrong choice in my opinion.

Peter is not going anywhere anytime soon and UK Correspondent gigs do not last that long!

Plus Alicia would be better than Brett to replace Hitch.

14 Likes

It isn’t unusual for networks to appoint journalists they feel will have a long term future at the anchor desk to international postings. Nine did it with Peter Overton and Mark Ferguson and Seven with Mike Amor and Angela Cox. The experience looks good on the resumĂ© and even better on the promos when it comes time to promote them to a key role like weeknight newsreader.

16 Likes

If Nine wanted to try something different, imagine having Alicia and Brett together on weeknights. Might give them a point of difference against Seven who have made up ground lately.
Not sure how Melbourne would react to having dual anchors though (although we did have Helen and Mal, Candice and Stephen) for many years.

2 Likes