Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Nah bad idea. The Candice Wyatt and Stephen Quartermain duo was cringe. I prefer for Nine just to have a solo presenter.

1 Like

For it to work you need to make sure there is chemistry between the presenters or it just wonā€™t work.

Well, duh. As far as I can tell, an Loxley/McLeod duo has the potential to work reasonably well for Nine News Melbourne unlike some of the awkward double header teams weā€™ve seen on-screen in the past.

Similar deal if Nine News Sydney were to ever have Pete teamed up with either GG or Deb, but realistically that wonā€™t ever happen as TCN are essentially positioning Overton as a current generation Hendo.

That was only done due to a network edict at the time that 3 male hosts was a sausage fest. Candice was way too green for that position, but 10 couldnā€™t afford anyone outside the network.

1 Like

Peter Overton, Jessica Rowe and their two daughters are on the cover of Sunday Life magazine inside The Sun-Herald and Sunday Age today.

5 Likes

Scherri-Lee Biggs has returned to presenting the weather tonight.

2 Likes

NBN News reporter Alison Paul at Coffs Harbour doing a live cross for the late news tonight on the shark attack tragedy. Overton introduced her as ā€œNineā€™s Alison Paulā€.

5 Likes

TBH, Iā€™m surprised there wasnā€™t a cross to Coffs Harbour during the Sydney 6pm bulletinā€¦

I wonder if the hair was strategically placed to cover the NBN News logo?

3 Likes

Same with Today on Saturday at the site of the missing boy, with Charlie saying ā€œNineā€™s Kath Landersā€ with the super saying ā€œNBN News reporter.ā€

2 Likes

Well if Nine are doing live crosses to NBN News reporters in their early, morning, afternoon and late bulletins or the Today show then NBN News reporters need Nine News mic flags and Nine News coats to avoid all this confusion and drama with Nine presenters calling NBN News reporters Nine News reporters when they have an NBN News mic flag.

Tuesday 7th September
Georgie Gardner will present 9 News Sydney tonight.

7 Likes

Brisbane reporter Adam Hegarty has joined the Melbourne news team. His first report was last night.

7 Likes

I heard the report in the background last night but didnā€™t even click that he reported it from Melbourne. Jesus how many people has QLD lost now.

The QLD sensationalism training has really worked :grin:

QTQ have lost yet another potential news anchor.

Journalists like Tim Arvier and Annie Pullar are in their element at QTQ.

2 Likes

They will miss him because he was textbook QTQ. The border closure would be the reason for his move. I donā€™t consider it much of a loss. Explains why they used Dominique Loudon to fill-in again recently though.

1 Like

7 sep 2021 ā€” Tracy Vo is filling in for Mon Kos for the Nine News at 5 bulletin.

5 Likes

Oh did Dominique fill in on news or sport?

Also it appears that Paul Taylor is Wendy Kingstonā€™s the permanent replacement on the afternoon news on Mondays and Tuesdays. Heā€™s presented the bulletin on those days for the past few weeks.

2 Likes

Weekend sport:

There was one point, maybe not last summer but the one before, where Adam filled in on regionals, 4pm and 6pm news and sport. Without him, they still have Paul Taylor and Alison Ariotti who I think deserved to (and are stronger at) relieve the 6pm gig more. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they relocated Tracey Atkins up north soon either.

1 Like