Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Meet the team ahead of @9NewsMelb at 5 and 6pm… Stylist Brenda, Makeup Artists Alex and Jordan, and Loretta and Andy in the studio… see you soon! pic.twitter.com/idjsa8IV0e

— Peter Hitchener (@phitchener9) July 7, 2024
7 Likes

Not sure why they would bring in another presenter for 5pm when Hitch can do it.

Alicia used to do both.

7 Likes

Great to see Hitch on 5pm but looked very strange when he threw to the local 6pm insert and he appeared on screen at the start with the local Melbourne backdrop after having literally thrown from the national backdrop.

3 Likes

Can you try without the sport segment?

1 Like

YouTube didn’t let me remove the copyright portion. I’ll have to manually edit the video.

5 Likes

5 Likes

And again tonight

1 Like

And Tony Jones doing sport (from Wimbledon) on a Sunday evening means we get to enjoy Hitch and TJ working together again.

7 Likes

I noticed this too.

1 Like

Hitch: First here’s a look at what’s making news tonight on Nine News at 6

cuts to Hitch again

Hitch with a Melbourne backdrop: Oh what it’s me again…Hello again.

11 Likes

Back to you, Peter…

Thank you, Pete

11 Likes

Peter Overton also once presented this bulletin on Sundays when it was produced out of Sydney between 2011(?)-14, before production moved to Melbourne in 2015. However, as is still the case presently, this bulletin did/does not air in Sydney or Brisbane during the NRL season (which I think necessitated the move to GTV).

4 Likes

Yeah but when TCN produced these bulletins the presenter weren’t seen on screen until the end of the update & there wasn’t a local backdrop just the side plasma.

7 Likes

Liz Daniels is now Nine’s federal parliament reporter. Charlie is building a formidable team.

6 Likes

Is she there permanently? I know they send her down to cover for reporters sometimes

1 Like

On Saturday the news update didn’t have Pete on screen. They only chose to do so last night.

1 Like

Yep she left Sydney’s parliament job a fortnight ago.

1 Like

Is Eddy Meyer their new state political reporter, or is there something else I have missed?

1 Like

Just a quick correction. Liz’s title is Today Federal Politics Reporter.

3 Likes

Tom Steinfort solo in Melbourne.
Alicia is away overseas on a family trip

5 Likes