Nine News Presenters and Reporters

A sign of the times ahead with all the cuts at Nine maybe?

1 Like

Emily Rice did a live cross from Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre this evening, talking to Peter Hitchener about a formal dinner featuring past Australian Olympic flagbearers. So it looks like Emily is not leaving Nine just yet.

EDIT: it was the Prime Minister’s Olympic Dinner, held at The Lume and attended by 800 guests. Nine former flagbearers were honoured, including Raelene Boyle and Patty Mills.

2 Likes

Peter Overton back on deck presenting Sydney 6pm tonight, in fine form as usual.

2 Likes

He was back yesterday, and he is definitely recovering from something you can tell by his voice

5 Likes

Thanks, i didn’t see it last night.

1 Like

Nine News sports reporter Dominique Loudon reading 4pm news Monday and Tuesday so far this week in Queensland.

And in Melbourne Chris Koler

8 Likes

Dominique is also reading the sport at 6pm.

4 Likes

Mark Burrows is presenting Wednesday evening in Sydney

8 Likes

Is that in the main studio? He seems close to the backdrop.

1 Like

Tonight I was at home watching Nine News and Livinia Nixon was presenting the weather on location in Ballarat for the Ballarat Winter Festival on Sturt Street between Armstrong Street and Doveton Street.

When the weather preview came on before 6:30pm I decided to drive into the CBD to meet Livinia and tell her that I’m a loyal Nine News viewer.

After she finished her weather report she came over to me and a dad and his kids and her son to say hello. I got a selfie with her also.

25 Likes

7 Likes

Beautiful part of the world this time of year, rug up :snowman_with_snow:

I can see a TX tower atop one of the (many) nearby mountains, wonder if it’s television terrestrial broadcast and if we can work out what transmitter site it is?

If indeed it is, servicing regional Victoria’s largest population (excl Geelong), with about 120,000 potential viewers and the wider western Victoria stations takes that up to over half a million. Also a major centre in the news a lot earlier this year for all the wrong reasons.

3 Likes

I think its Mt Warrenheip in the background, only carries local FM radio eg 3BA, Power FM, no TV

3 Likes

Just imagine how many stories and bulletins have been broadcast by this trio over the years @9NewsMelb! See you tomorrow night #gtv #ninenews pic.twitter.com/hZUlw8Mn5C

— Peter Hitchener (@phitchener9) July 5, 2024

9 Likes

Peter Hitchener presenting the national 5pm news tonight

9 Likes

Sadly, he rarely gets seen on TVs outside of Victoria.

3 Likes

Fantastic. I’ve recorded the bulletin and will upload it later tonight.

5 Likes

Tony Jones presenting sport in Melbourne from Wimbledon tonight

5 Likes

National first at five bulletin with Peter Hitchener.
Hopefully he is now the permanent presenter of the weekend bulletin.

(EDIT: Sorry, copyright has gone off so the video is unavailable! :frowning: )

9 Likes

Hitch presenting First at Five again tonight :+1:

Clint Stanaway presenting sport.

5 Likes