Nine News Presenters and Reporters

G’s looking different!

8 Likes

Melissa reading the afternoon news for Queensland.

4 Likes

Msrk Burrows presenting tonight 6pm news in Sydney.

7 Likes

Also presenting Thursday night

3 Likes

Just saw that, unusual to see him present two weeknights in a row, particularly outside summer non ratings… Is there a bug going around at TCN?

1 Like

Maybe he was just keen to step up for a bit?

yes, I am sure that’s how it works.

Obviously Pete and Georgie were unavailable for literally any reason.

This came after Nine revealed this morning that up to 38 jobs in its news and current affairs division would be cut.

13 Likes

Wow. BIG losses to Nine, especially Melbourne where both are familiar faces.

8 Likes

I wonder if Carrie-Anne Greenbank is staying in London to pursue other media work, or returning to Australia.

1 Like

Certainly some on Nine’s better reporters. Would be great if Carrie-Anne wanted to return to Queensland and do some reporting here.

1 Like

Rice goes back to Ten Sydney days in the 2000s as national environment reporter, even had a profile image and bio on their website, so been a senior reporter for the best part of 20 years

3 Likes

Wow, they could have gave heaps of others the boot! But these two are quite high profile.

3 Likes

Didn’t she return to Melbourne recently?

1 Like

I don’t know that they are redundancies.
Seems David has linked the two but isn’t sure either.

2 Likes

The timing of the announcement does make me wonder whether some will simply be “we’ve decided not to offer you a new contract”

5 Likes

Friday (28.06.2024) - Saturday (29.06.2024): Mark Burrows still presenting in Sydney.

2 Likes

Is Pete and GG on holidays mode??

1 Like

He has been busy this week. Morning News Wednesday, Afternoon News Tuesday-Wednesday and 6pm Tuesday-Friday.

GG must be away. Pete must be away short notice, otherwise you wouldn’t think Mark would do all 3 bulletins on Wednesday.

4 Likes

Carrie Greenbank: “After 16 years in TV news, my time at Nine is up. I’m leaving grateful for the invaluable friendships and moments in history I’ve been able to witness.”

https://x.com/CGreenbank9/status/1806668889021207031

9 Likes