Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Ah ok, is he a crucial part of other rugby coverage too?

Weather presenters for Perth and the late news this week:
Sunday- Jack Hahn
Monday and Tuesday - Natalia Cooper

6 Likes

Dominique Loudon returns to 9News as weekend sport presenter

Dominique Loudon is set to make a return to the 9Network, rejoining 9News Queensland as the new weekend sports presenter alongside news presenter Mia Glover.

“Dom”, as she is affectionately known, spent the majority of her 15-year media career at the 9Network, first joining 9News Gold Coast in 2011 as a news reporter. Showing her passion for sport reporting, she soon became the Gold Coast’s weekday sports presenter, becoming a leading voice in sports journalism.

Returning to 9News Queensland is a welcome home for Loudon with extra significance, having filled in on the weekend news desk as the sports presenter on many occasions.

She said: “This is a full-circle moment for me. Returning to 9News feels like a homecoming, and I’m over the moon to be returning to the newsroom where my deep-seated passion for delivering news and love of sport really flourished.

“Growing up on the Gold Coast, I share Queenslanders’ enthusiasm for the thrill of sport across all codes, so having the chance to cover the big sporting stories and moments that matter is something I will never take for granted.

“This role has me written all over it, and I cannot wait to renew my connections and establish new ones with 9News Queensland’s loyal audience.”

Nine Queensland Director of News, Amanda Paterson, said: “We all know Queenslanders love their sport and Dom is as passionate as they come, so it’s wonderful to welcome her back to where she belongs.

“Dom’s in-depth understanding of the sports landscape will allow her to continue to deliver Queensland with top-notch sports coverage every weekend, while radiating her trademark warmth and compassion. 9News Queensland’s weekend presenting duo will be unstoppable.”

The change comes as Michael Atkinson steps away from the 9News Queensland desk to pursue a full-time presenting role for Stan Sport.

Dom Loudon will join the 9News Queensland weekend bulletin, alongside Mia Glover, at 6.00pm from this weekend.

9 Likes

Dominique was on 7 GC News just last week.

2 Likes

Working her notice period.

3 Likes

So Michael will not only cover the upcoming Rugby World Cup, but also other sports to which Stan has the rights to.

1 Like

She joined Seven Gold Coast News in August last year.

1 Like

She never seemed to be seen on air much at Seven; not every night like some on the team; perhaps writing and preparing stories BTS.

1 Like

He was one of the “faces” of the pandemic, so it was a surprise to see him as a Health “contributor” on the Sydney bulletin tonight - and as I haven’t seen him before.

His delivery was OK for a first effort, if a bit bland, but should get better with time and experience. He signed off as “Doctor Nick Coatsworth, Nine News”.

I’m assuming they’ve still got Gabriella Rogers as their main health reporter and that they’ll use just Coatsworth occasionally?

4 Likes

He’s the last person 9 should be aligning themselves with.

3 Likes

Could be worse!

I couldn’t fathom Pauline Hanson as their political “contributor”!

He has made quite a number of appearances on Today during their health segments, but this does seem to be the first time he has filed a report for Nine News.

4 Likes

The Australian reported about a month ago that Nine was seeking him to have an expanded role across TV, radio, papers and online, allowing him to rival the ABC’s Norman Swan.

2 Likes

Wasn’t he the medical expert of ‘Today’. Like he permanently joined the brekky team

1 Like

Probably in one of the more producing roles while at 7 occasionally doing reporting similar to Nick Etchells.

1 Like

Melbourne reporter Gillian Lantouris is the crime reporter while Lana Murphy is on maternity leave.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/gillianlant/status/1696811024643744249?s=20

1 Like

Thought that was Friendly Jordies!

Dominique’s first night in her new role. She presented from the studio while the rest of the team were doing an OB for Riverfire. The report itself was familiar territory dominated by multiple NRL and NRLW match reports.

4 Likes

At the desk tonight

10 Likes