Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Also has presented sport on the afternoon news all week.

6 Likes

Amber is presenting Saturday weather in Sydney- possibly nobody else available

2 Likes

Belinda??

What about her? She’s obviously not available.

3 Likes

Dougal Beatty presenting in Melbourne tonight.
Alicia presented last night as per normal.

4 Likes

If anyone remembers Josephine Shannon at 9 News Adelaide from her NBN Northern Rivers days (only a few short months ago), look at the massive difference now. Easy to see that she wasn’t her best while she was at NBN (not much training provided?).

But now… wow. Up there with any of the others.

Compare:

With:

https://twitter.com/9NewsAdel/status/1700429797363490938

Go Josie.

3 Likes

You would expect younger less experienced reporters to get better mentoring at a capital city station than in a regional bureau. And at Lismore, Josie would have been there with only 1 other reporter. She would have gotten some input from Newcastle, but its not the same as being on site with a pool of other journalists and leaders.

1 Like

I’ve been watching the latest batch of new reporters for Nine News Adelaide with some interest recently, Josie and Samantha Hogan are actually quite good but the rest of them have some work to do to catch up or even reach the level of these two. The newsroom in Adelaide has some great people in it and you can tell that all of the new kid’s are slowly improving their skills, wether it be from senior journo’s or just by learning themselves, Nine in Adelaide is once again pumping out more talent.

5 Likes

Kate reading daytime bulletins today.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Kate is definitely a great newsreader :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s for sure. Shame they lost the voice over for her during the opener.

Weird ender during the first afternoon update today, close to 5 seconds of dead air.

6 Likes

Voiceover played in Sydney’s Afternoon News

5 Likes

Unusual to see Andrew Lofthouse fronting afternoon news.

10 Likes

I got to see some of Eliza Rugg presenting the Melbourne 4pm news today. Thought she was good!

4 Likes

Peter Hitchener presenting in Melbourne tonight

4 Likes

Beautiful backdrop tonight as well for the first 15 minutes.

15 Likes

Is Cameron Smith after a job as a news reporter?!

He did an unscripted sign off in his live cross from the Storm game back to Tony Jones … “Cameron Smith, Nine News”. He should know sign offs aren’t done for live crosses!

3 Likes

There was once a Ten News journalist by the name of Cameron Smith, and yes he was based in Melbourne, though I don’t think he’s at the network anymore.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/cameron-smith-a024855/?originalSubdomain=au

2 Likes

Yes sorry I probably should have been clearer as to which Cameron Smith I was referring to. And there is the golfer too.

2 Likes