Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Shouldn’t Tony Jones concentrate on his Wimbledon hosting job? His colleagues like Clint Stanaway can fill in for him back in Melbourne.

Clint’s on holidays.

4 Likes

Thought Dickie or Brooke would do the live interview.

3 Likes

I’m guessing Richard or Brooke would’ve done a seperate interview for Today.

1 Like

You don’t think it adds something to have him reading on-site at Wimbledon? Having him read would be one of the reasons they sent him over.

1 Like

The previous time Nine had the Wimbledon rights, Ken Sutcliffe (who hosted the coverage) still read the sports report for Nine News Sydney (skip to 14:20):

Courtesy: Zampakid

4 Likes

Very sparse on news readers on Nine in Queensland tonight.

Eva Milic read the Gold Coast bulletin solo as well as reading the sport. Then the 6pm bulletin from Brisbane was also solo for Melissa Downes.

5 Likes

Wednesday 29 June -

Mark Burrows presented Morning News.

Charles Croucher is presenting Afternoon News in Sydney today.

8 Likes

Thursday 30 June

Paul Taylor presented the Gold Coast news from the GC studio.

6 Likes

The shortage of news readers in Queensland again evident tonight with Paul Taylor reading Gold Coast solo with no sport reporter followed by solo read from Melissa in Brisbane.

6 Likes

Who read Darwin then? Paul Murphy?

1 Like

Did Paul Taylor have a voice over during the opener?

1 Like

No, it was “With Bruce Paige and Eva Milic” :smile:

3 Likes

They really need a generic one there lol.

Even Adelaide uses a generic one with Phil Baildon, cant actually recall when they stopped introducing the presenter’s name in Adelaide :thinking:

1 Like

Who read Darwin?

1 Like

When crossing back to Lizzie after the weather check on Sydney’s afternoon news, Belinda called her Georgie then corrected Herself and said Lizzie

1 Like

He also presented the Friday bulletin and he said at the start ‘hi I’m Paul Taylor’

Could he replace Bruce when he eventually retires?

4 Likes

Jesse Burns moving from Gold Coast to Melbourne based on his Twitter profile.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed him do that on his previous appearances; makes sense based on the intro he is given.

1 Like

Though the “Hi” seems a bit casual, I’d normally expect to hear something more like “Good evening, I’m Paul Taylor with your Friday night Nine Gold Coast News”.

1 Like