Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Alicia Muling is presenting sport on First at Five News and Melbourne News this weekend.

3 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun confirms that Xander McGuire (son of Eddie) has been recruited as a casual sports reporter in Nineā€™s Melbourne newsroom. News Director Hugh Nailon said he impressed the sports department during his recent internship, so has earned the opportunity to do some casual reporting.

2 Likes

Without reading the article, Iā€™m sure the tone would have been implying nepotism or at least alluding to it - Xander will have to prove himself with his reports to be seen as anything other than Eddieā€™s son.

1 Like

The same with any kid with a famous surname or parent. People think it opens doors, which occasionally it does, but these kids go through life with that tag of ā€œsuch and suchā€™s kidā€ rather than the childā€™s own hard work.

5 Likes

my experience is the opposite of this

2 Likes

Oh look, I know kids who have coasted through on their parentā€™s name as well - but for those that genuinely want to stand on their own two feet it can be frustrating.

thing is, it gets you in the door which is everything. Once youā€™re in itā€™s up to you, but the biggest hurdle is getting in.

2 Likes

Sunday 26 June -

Peter Overton is back presenting in Sydney tonight.

James Bracey is presenting Sydney sport from Optus Stadium in Perth tonight.

6 Likes

He said exactly those words during the bulletin too!

2 Likes

To be honest, before Peter mentioned it during the bulletin, I didnā€™t even realise there was something wrong with his right eye. I donā€™t think too many people would have picked up on it though. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t notice anything wrong with his eye either!

They must be worried about some over attentive Media Spy types out there!

3 Likes

I still canā€™t tell even after he mentioned it. :rofl:

Edit: itā€™s actually just got a hell of a lot more noticeable.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised Nine would use ā€œSports Presenterā€ in this super for Tony in Sydney. Not here heā€™s not. Maybe the super was done in Melbourne?

3 Likes

Heā€™s still a sports presenter though for Nine. If it said Nine News sports presenter then that would be interesting.

7 Likes

True, though the Australian Open Tennis is about the only time of the year i can think of that heā€™d be presenting any sport on Nine in Sydney.

1 Like

Wimbledon. From tomorrow.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t he also present sport on Today on occasion?

Every Friday.

3 Likes

Not seen in Queensland

4 Likes

Monday 27 June -

Lara Vella is presenting Early News.

Dougal Beatty is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne.

Madeline Slattery is presenting weather in Melbourne this week.

Tony Jones is presenting Melbourne sport from Wimbledon in London from tonight.

5 Likes