Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Congrats to Georgie Gardner on her 20 years at Nine.

(Georgie’s Instagram post today)

18 Likes

It was a more formal introduction than ‘Hi.’ I believe Taylor lives on the GC, so I can him being the main fill-in when needed.

2 Likes

Agree, i think he’s a good presenter.

2 Likes

Stephanie Anderson is presenting weather in Melbourne this weekend.

3 Likes

“…I was immersed in an environment of excellence”. There’s a slap in the face from Georgie to the people she worked with and gave her opportunities at Ten and Seven before she went to the greener grass at Nine. I’ve always rated her as a decent newsreader going back to her days at 2DayFM, but she comes across as someone who doesn’t enjoy getting her hands dirty out on the road.

3 Likes

So no acknowledgement during or at the end of tonight’s bulletin? I was expecting flowers to come out at the end.

I do agree with this. Georgie was much suited to straight up News reading compared to 2018/19 as Co-Host. When she returned in 2018 it wasn’t the same as it once was.

‘Save Locky’s Dad’ was a real great interview she did in 2013. As well as her reporting around Canada.

4 Likes

The Australian reports that two of Nine’s longest serving staff in Brisbane: news reporter Shannon Marshall-McCormack, and executive producer of its 6pm news bulletin, Cullen Robinson, have left Nine to join Annastacia Palaszczuk’s media unit.

They join a growing list of former Nine reporters who now work for the Premier: ex-Nine political editors Shane Doherty and Spencer Jolly, veteran reporter Phil Wilmington, and Bryce Heaton and Emmy Kubainski. Who will be next to leave Nine to join Annastacia Palaszczuk?

6 Likes

Not Tim Arvier

1 Like

I have noticed through watching his news reports on Twitter that he is a hard-hitting journalist and for Nine to lose his services would be a huge blow. Also did a tremendous job covering the Minneapolis riots two years ago.

I also recall him doing a stint in Europe in the early 2010s in between his time in Darwin and Brisbane.

Wow, she’s got enough reporters to launch her own news bulletin!

National Anna News perhaps?

4 Likes

Has more reporters than the 10 Brisbane newsroom.

9 Likes

Probably wanted to work for a more centrist and less reactionary news outlet, and couldn’t find one in Queensland.

2 Likes

There’s something about him that I don’t like, his sensationalism and his lack of personality when reporting. He just seems like an overly shouty robot.

1 Like

I reckon the same could be said for some of QTQ’s reporters; they probably had to ramp up their reporting standards in the wake of Choppergate in 2011 (don’t think any of the current reporters were around when that happened, though. Eva Milic, who was presenting the weekend bulletins at the time, is now on the Gold Coast co-presenting with Bruce Paige). That’s my theory, but I could be wrong.

The Qld Govt media unit’s new slogan “No fear, just the facts”.

4 Likes

On the weekend a 9News journalist posted an image to her personal social media account that caused offence to some members of the community.

The journalist did not mean to cause any offence, but has been counselled on why the post was not appropriate.

9News apologises to anyone offended by the post.

We respect all sides of this sensitive issue and pride ourselves on reporting with impartiality.

Statement from Lana Murphy

In my role as a journalist I always strive to remain impartial and respectful to either side of rational debate.

On Saturday, while reporting on the pro-choice rally, I was photographed being passed a sign made by one of the attendees.

The words on the sign and my subsequent posting of that image on my personal social media account has caused offence to some in the religious community.

This was not my intention, and I wholeheartedly apologise to those that were hurt.

I acknowledge that in my professional role, it was not the appropriate time to appear to have chosen any side.

2 Likes

What did she post?

It seems she may have gotten involved in the story she was covering… and posted her opinion and thoughts on her Instagram?

1 Like

pretty funny

3 Likes