Nine News Presenters and Reporters

That’s what I mean I thought he retired to the GC, so kept doing the GC News as an easy gig. If he’s living in Brisbane why did he leave the Main 6pm bulletin?

There was 3 years between his exit from the main 6pm news and starting on GC news. He must have missed it and wanted to come out retirement and Gold Coast was the only option as Rob Readings retired.

1 Like

I always suspected Bruce’s exit from the 6pm news was forced. They had just hired Andrew Lofthouse from the ABC to do weekends and six months later was given the main gig.

They kept Bruce around on a retainer to do a Nine version of Seven’s “Flashback” segment.

Gold Coast News was a mess because they had Rod Readings reading a few nights a week and Eva Milic reading the other nights.

To make it streamlined they put Bruce on Gold Coast News for consistency and I guess because he wanted to return back to newsreading.

1 Like

Good choice, Stephanie has real personality

3 Likes

Article in The Advertiser today about Will McDonald and the promising news about his prostate cancer diagnosis. Great to hear about the good news for him. He is a great news reader for 9 News Adelaide on the weekend. Coming up to almost 10 years in the role for him.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/nine-presenter-will-mcdonald-plans-to-make-this-valentines-day-especially-memorable-as-he-reveals-latest-on-cancer-fight/news-story/77f76749580f264b2df16411eabaaa0c

2 Likes

Corey Norris presented sport and Stephanie Anderson presented weather in Melbourne this weekend.

5 Likes

By the sounds of it, today was Corey Norris’ last day at GTV9 before heading over to NWS9 to read weekend sport.

4 Likes

Corey’s penultimate bulletin at GTV-9

4 Likes

That’s a good get his a solid reporter and presenter. Thought 7 might have tried to grab him at some point.

However plenty of talent to substitute for Clint and Tony, Alisha/Ayreton.

2 Likes

Technically not. He presented sport at 6pm.

3 Likes

Thanks - fixed now.

2 Likes

After a 3 month hiatus, Scherri-Lee Biggs has finally returned to presenting Perth weather.

5 Likes

Not really a hiatus. She’s been working on the East coast.

5 Likes

8 Likes
10 Likes

Good appointments

1 Like

I’m surprised Peter Hitchener hasn’t been in this role before.

6 Likes

I’m getting the impression that Seven might not be telecasting this year? Nine might have the rights.

Apparently so

1 Like

Seems like Seven lost their contract with the City of Melbourne last year. Hence New Years Coverage also moving over to Nine.

3 Likes