Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Bit harsh don’t you think? Just because someone didn’t take the vaccine, it doesn’t make them a fucking idiot.

Yes it does.

7 Likes

Off-topic but I don’t think it’s his decision that makes him look like an idiot, but rather his attitude. He was very vocal about it and was like all ‘my body my right’ thing. If he kept it low profile and didn’t utter about it people wouldn’t perceive him as an idiot. If he was dignified he wouldn’t make a big fuss about it.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that. People that keep it low profile get called dickheads anyway, so probably wouldn’t have much of a difference.

Getting back on topic…

1 Like

According to Annette Sharp in today’s Daily Telegraph, it was a heated and angry exchange between Cameron Williams and a Nine News executive which led to Williams leaving the network (a claim denied by a Nine spokeman yesterday), with Sydney news director Simon Hobbs the man who ultimately made the call.
Annette Sharp wrote that Williams had been falling foul of colleagues since joining the newsroom in 2016.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/annette-sharp-cameron-williams-clash-with-news-boss-simon-hobbs-ended-career-at-nine/news-story/fb4e1989524ba0e289170bf18218df8f

2 Likes

Personal Reasons are generally cited when someone is asked to leave, leaves on bad terms, breaches contract, and so on…and a separation deed (especially for high profile employees/executives) has been signed between both the employer and individual. Generally that line of wording works (ie personal, family time, well deserved break, all that bs) for both parties without tarnishing either sides reputation in the public arena.

Both sides will then deny any allegations. The truth remains hidden as such. Don’t expect to see Williams out badmouthing his old employer.

4 Likes

(26-27/3/2022) Edward Godfrey is presenting in Adelaide this weekend.

11 Likes

Monday 28 March -

Kate Creedon is presenting Morning News today.

9 Likes

Also presenting the afternoon news in Sydney, I think Sophie Walsh was supposed to present but she did late news last night

1 Like

Monday 28 March -

Livinia Nixon is presenting weather on 4pm & 6pm Melbourne News from Warburton.

7 Likes

Tuesday 29 March -

Karl Stefanovic is presenting Early News.

Kate Creedon is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney again today.

Livinia Nixon will be presenting weather on 4pm & 6pm Melbourne News from Warragul.

10 Likes

Karl tends to have a more relaxed reading style that the usual presenters.

12 Likes

There’s no doubt that he’s a great newsreader when he’s given the opportunity.

7 Likes

Just don’t roster him on the Early News the morning after the Logies!

9 Likes

Georgie Gardner will present tonight’s Sydney bulletin, ahead of the Federal Budget.

Kate Creedon at 4:30pm said “Nine News with Peter at 6”, must of been late notice.

9 Likes

Overton in Canberra for the budget or Melbourne for the memorial service?

4 Likes

Could be either. Canberra seems more likely.

1 Like

Georgie sounds ill. I’ve had to social distance from the TV screen. Surely there’s someone else to read the bulletin in the absence of Overton and Gardner.

5 Likes
4 Likes