Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Long covid? Surely they’ve had to introduce tougher restrictions- an awful lot of spread at TCN. They have been basically tag-teaming each other into isolation all year.

1 Like

Long day for Charles.

1 Like

Why are they making Charles work 12+ hour shifts? Surely they could have found someone else

1 Like

In all probability, he will have worked 2 x 4 hour shifts with a break in between. It happens in many industries.

7 Likes

Curious that they didn’t have Charles present 6pm given how awful Georgie’s voice sounds.

1 Like

Wednesday 30 March -

Jayne Azzopardi is presenting Early News.

Kate Creedon is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney filling in for Davina Smith who has been absent this week.

Tony Jones and Alicia Loxley are presenting a special edition Afternoon News in Melbourne from the MCG today.

6 Likes

And Livinia Nixon is presenting 4pm and 6pm weather from Phillip Island. I assume Peter Hitchener will be in studio?

3 Likes

Georgie Gardner is presenting Wednesday 6pm bulletin in Sydney

8 Likes

Wednesday 30 March -

Peter in the studio with live crosses to Tony Jones and Alicia Loxley at the MCG throughout the bulletin.

Clint Stanaway is presenting Melbourne sport from the MCG.

9 Likes

Thursday 31 March -

Charles Croucher presented Early News.

Davina Smith is back presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney today.

Alicia Loxley is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne from Mount Disappointment (helicopter crash site).

Dougal Beatty is presenting the rest of the day’s news in the studio.

Peter Overton is back presenting in Sydney tonight.

5 Likes

(31/3-1/4/2022) Ben Avery presented the 5pm news in Adelaide Thursday and Friday this week.

6 Likes

Airlie Walsh is presenting weather on Sydney afternoon news and 6pm news on Friday and Saturday

4 Likes

Edward Godfrey presented the afternoon news from Monday to Wednesday, so it looks like Will McDonald is on a break.

I wasn’t paying too much attention, so correct me if I’m wrong; but I think Airlie was speaking a little to slowly during the weather report, and as a result didn’t get to the 7-day forecast for the West.

At one point it seemed as though she’d been told to hurry up and she got a little shocked. Georgie was briefly cut off at the end too.

I believe this has happened with Airlie in the past…? No criticism though - timing out is such a hard thing to do. I take my hat off to people like Amber, etc who do it perfectly night after night.

3 Likes

@Syd_TVChannel You’re right. It happened before in the afternoon news with Charles Croucher. Airlie Walsh finished with 2 seconds of the bulletin left, and then Charles outro was cut off middle way.

I posted the video above (9 days ago) click the redirect on this post (top right to see video)

Timing issues happen often when newbies do the weather. For all those people who say that anyone can read copy notes from the bureau, seemingly it’s not that easy. Airlie will get better but it’s a shame that they don’t get Sophie to do weather anymore.

4 Likes

Eddie McGuire’s son Xander is following in his father’s footsteps. The Herald-Sun is reporting the former Neighbours actor has secured an internship in the Nine Melbourne newsroom.

2 Likes
1 Like

Nepotism, you gotta love it.

8 Likes

I’m sure he got the job on merit. Just like Seb Costello.

5 Likes