Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Jim Wilson is a solid suggestion. Even if James did 4 days and Jim 3.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought it’s beyond possible that James Bracey will take on this role in addition to his other commitments for Wide World of Sports.

Danika Mason and Emma Lawrence will probably have elevated roles as well though.

2 Likes

“There was speculation from Nine sources that Williams had been involved in a verbal exchange with an executive last week about his future. Williams, when contacted by The Daily Telegraph, insisted the decision was made solely around his health battles”. Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph.

Very odd that no mention was made of Cam’s departure in tonight’s bulletin considering the attention it received from other media outlets.

2 Likes

Nine have said very little about it otherwise, so I hardly think they’re going to mention it on their 6pm news.

If it had been Cameron’s last night on air, or IF he had suddenly passed away, it might have been a different story with a goodbye of sorts.

If a main presenter leaves or is fired, unlike other news services, at Nine they leave immediately with no mention of them leaving. That is what happened to Tim McMillan, Emmy Kubainski, Warren Tredrea, Paul Lobb and now Cameron Williams, with the latter three either leaving or fired over the past few months with no mention of it at all on the TV.

They’ve said nothing about it publicly. If he left because the only reason is he’s having health problems, you’d think they’d wish him well. His departure isn’t mentioned in Nine Newspapers and the only thing out of Nine I can find is the leaked Wick email to staff. That suggests to me there could be more to this. I wonder if it was mentioned at all on the 2GB afternoon shows yesterday afternoon.

1 Like

Thursday 24 March -

Charles Croucher is presenting Morning News & Afternoon News in Sydney today.

6 Likes

Which is another reason why they wouldn’t mention it in the 6pm news.

Not to mention there was also no on-air mention by QTQ of Melissa Mallet and Cameron Price being sacked in the wake of Choppergate in 2011.

4 Likes

They did an on-air apology, however:

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, either on that same night or the following night, BTQ ran a short story reporting that those two reporters (Mallet and Price) had been sacked.

Price had been due to move to TCN around that time, though ended up at Sky News Australia and as fate would have it, he’d later join Seven News Sydney before leaving midway through last year.

24th March 2022
Airlie Walsh will present the afternoon and 6pm weather in Sydney, due to Belinda filling in for Sylvia on Today Extra

8 Likes

Afternoon weather ran overtime which meant Charles was cut off mid closer. Also seen was camera operator in the closing frame.

Video:

5 Likes

Livinia Nixon will be presenting Melbourne weather from locations in Regional Victoria next week.

5 Likes

What locations? (I hope Bendigo)

Very different situation.

The fucking idiot wasn’t vaxxed, so doesn’t deserve his name said for anything but historical football stuff.

3 Likes

And he was a terrible and uninspiring presenter anyway.

4 Likes

Airlie Walsh is presenting weather in Sydney’s 4pm and 6pm on Friday and Saturday 6pm

6 Likes

Bit harsh don’t you think? Just because someone didn’t take the vaccine, it doesn’t make them a fucking idiot.

Yes it does.

7 Likes