Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Today just aired a tribute to him - Karl’s intro to it was classy:

6 Likes

It’ll be rather interesting to see who does the inevitable tribute package to Hendo on tonight 6pm bulletin, after Mark Burrows’ piece on Today and Damian Ryan’s (no doubt prepared ages ago, due to currently being in Tokyo for the Olympics) on the Morning News.

Personally I think it’d be great to see Mike Dalton do the 6pm tribute to Hendo…if only to prove to some members of this forum that he’s actually capable of sensitive, compassionate reporting in addition to the fun, lighthearted fare Dalts is probably most famous for.

2 Likes

All the major metro TV newsrooms have obit tapes sitting on the shelf all ready to go in the event someone “famous” dies.

2 Likes

I’m well aware of that common practice in television. You’d have to imagine that Nine especially would’ve had items for Hendo on standby for years, perhaps updated every so often to include bits from more recent TV appearances such as the 2019 Kennedy Awards appearance + his final interview with Peter Overton in February last year.

But generally, we won’t know which reporters will do the obituaries until they go to air though!

1 Like

Depends on who’s running the Newsroom but usually if you have a few days notice (like they’re gravely ill and not expected to live long) you can prepare it a few days earlier then stick it straight on air.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Brian Henderson - 1931-2021

That was a beautiful report and tribute from Mark Burrows of the passing of Brian Henderson.

4 Likes

Dougal Beatty voiced the report in Melbourne.

3 Likes

Beautiful piece written on Hendo. Kind of wished that Overton or Sutcliffe did the voice over, considering they were the closest to Hendo. It was a great piece nonetheless.

5 Likes

Pete very aptly ended tonight’s bulletin with Hendo’s famous sign of: “the way it is”.
I’m sure video will be available shortly.
It’s times like this that add credit to the claims that Peter is the “nicest man on television”.

10 Likes

Nope.

That’s what ever news organisation does with major obits. There’s a Frontline episode about it.

1 Like

See dedicated topic:

Australia Behind Bars

1 Like
10 Likes

Alicia later tweeted:

So happy to get my first Astra Zeneca shot today :raised_hands: ! Ps. I got a freddo :frog: !

9 Likes

Nice that it was live into the bulletin. Great work Alicia.

6 Likes

Makes me less nervous about getting my AZ shot tomorrow afternoon.

5 Likes

Wendy Kingston still presenting the Afternoon News in Queensland this week. Have we heard when her last on-air date might be, following the news last month of her stepping down from the role?

3 Likes

Probably just seeing out the rest of her contract/notice period, whenever that will be.

2 Likes

Alison is in isolation at the moment, so Wendy has been doing full weeks too. Apparently, they both love the job-sharing arrangement because they can help each other out. I think they will miss this part of it most when Wendy leaves.

3 Likes

Unless if they have someone like Aislin Kriukelis or Adam Hegarty do two days a week and Alison continuing on Wednesday-Friday.

Though wouldn’t surprise me if Alison goes full-time.

2 Likes