Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Pete very aptly ended tonight’s bulletin with Hendo’s famous sign of: “the way it is”.
I’m sure video will be available shortly.
It’s times like this that add credit to the claims that Peter is the “nicest man on television”.

10 Likes

Nope.

That’s what ever news organisation does with major obits. There’s a Frontline episode about it.

1 Like

See dedicated topic:

Australia Behind Bars

1 Like
10 Likes

Alicia later tweeted:

So happy to get my first Astra Zeneca shot today :raised_hands: ! Ps. I got a freddo :frog: !

9 Likes

Nice that it was live into the bulletin. Great work Alicia.

6 Likes

Makes me less nervous about getting my AZ shot tomorrow afternoon.

5 Likes

Wendy Kingston still presenting the Afternoon News in Queensland this week. Have we heard when her last on-air date might be, following the news last month of her stepping down from the role?

3 Likes

Probably just seeing out the rest of her contract/notice period, whenever that will be.

2 Likes

Alison is in isolation at the moment, so Wendy has been doing full weeks too. Apparently, they both love the job-sharing arrangement because they can help each other out. I think they will miss this part of it most when Wendy leaves.

3 Likes

Unless if they have someone like Aislin Kriukelis or Adam Hegarty do two days a week and Alison continuing on Wednesday-Friday.

Though wouldn’t surprise me if Alison goes full-time.

2 Likes

That’s not what I meant. Wendy and Alison both wanted to and did work part-time, so what they liked about this arrangement is that they could help each other out i.e. swap days amongst themselves. Likely the case again now with Alison isolating and Wendy picking up the extra days. It’s a great example of a job-sharing arrangement that works well for all. There’d be no expectation for Alison to go full-time going forward if she didn’t want to.

3 Likes

Ah I see what you mean.

Once again proves that Wendy’s departure will be a massive loss to Nine and QTQ.

4 Likes

Hopefully they put Aislin back on the afternoon news a few days a week. I personally felt that she really excelled when she filled in during Alison’s (?) maternity leave and has real potential as an anchor.

I’d also look at having rotating anchors from the pool of senior reporters like Ebony Cavallaro, Adam Hegarty and Tim Arvier so that QTQ has a team of capable fill in presenters going forward.

BTQ is already doing this with the likes of Joel Dry and Marlina Whop, plus the addition of Sam Heathwood.

5 Likes

They could also look at Jess Millward and Tessa Hardy as potential options. There are some good reporters at QTQ so the potential is there.

1 Like

Dougal Beaty is presenting Melbourne’s Afternoon News today, indicating that Jo Hall will NOT take on Brett McLeod’s fortnightly Wednesday to Friday 4pm news duties.

So it appears the new roster is:
Mon-Tue: Alicia Loxley
Wed-Fri: Dougal Beaty

5 Likes

While Wendy Kingston presented Nine Afternoon News on Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday it is Paul Taylor

3 Likes

Exactly why they get Sydney’s… as has been discussed before.

2 Likes

What is that red gradient on the left side of the screen? I don’t see that anything else…

1 Like

I believe it’s just part of the transition of the graphic, it usually happens quite quickly.

5 Likes