Nine News Presenters and Reporters

It isn’t 6:00 yet…

1 Like

The bulletin hasn’t started yet, but I suspect Brenton will present solo for the time that Kate is off.

4 Likes

23 Likes

That’s quite a reaction from Pete for just having the wrong camera on him.

He must be sick and tired of these errors occurring consistently.

10 Likes

Following a story on wildlife - Bruce says “You know the possum’s called Eva”. An exasperated looking Eva says"stop it".

12 Likes

Former 6 News & Nine News Local reporter Jack Hahn has now moved to Darwin

4 Likes

Wendy Kingston has resigned from Nine News to spend more time with her kids.
https://www.facebook.com/90004797701/posts/10158883164452702/?substory_index=0

14 Likes

Wow. Another loss. They just keep on going in Queensland…

2 Likes

A truly massive loss. Now QTQ only has Andrew and Melissa, Jonathan Uptin, Aislin Kriukelis as decent news presenters.

Perhaps they can use this opportunity to grab Georgina Lewis for the afternoon news?

4 Likes

With their current/recent standards of journalism (which surely has to be a contributing factor in some of the departures from QTQ over the last few years?), I personally hope Georgina stays away from Nine News Queensland.

4 Likes

On the other hand, perhaps some might be persuaded by the ratings of Nine News Queensland to join the network’s news programs? The afternoon news is alright compared to the affair at 6pm so it might be quite appealing.

2 Likes

Wendy also posted on her Instagram this evening:

I have some news to share. I’ve resigned from the amazing @channel9 From Weekend Today, Morning, Afternoon and Late News, 6pm, Gold Coast News and Nine News Now, rolling coverage for six hours when the Chilean miners were pulled to safety, the days of live TV during the Queensland flood disaster … I’ve loved every single minute of my time with Nine and WIN over the past 20 years. The team - led by Amanda Paterson, Kylie Blucher and Darren Wick - is the best in the business. I’m incredibly grateful.

For now though, I’m hitting pause to be with my family. I hope to be back some time in the future xx

Another highly experienced reporter gone from Nine News Brisbane.

9 Likes

Wendy Kingston would be the perfect TODAY newsreader when Tracy Vo left last year, it’s a shame she left.

6 Likes

No- Wendy was in a league of her own. A great newsreader but could also be witty and warm when required. The others you listed are average at best. QLD has lost some of the best newsreaders in the past year- Kay McGrath, Rod Young, Georgina Lewis and Wendy Kingston. Such a loss for QTQ.

5 Likes

I wonder who will take over Wendy’s shifts? Paul Taylor?

Interesting this has all happened… I do wonder if they kept Samantha on the books if she would of taken over Wendy’s role…

As for the the comments saying that 9 QLD doesn’t have enough decent presenters I agree! Georgie Lewis would be a great pick up…

4 Likes

Or perhaps Adam Hegarty/Aislin Kriukelis might take over if Nine doesn’t want to hire from the outside. Or (shudder) Alison Ariotti does the whole week :scream:

They should try and make a play for Georgina Lewis. She’s one of the best talents out there.

2 Likes

If they want to strengthen the 4pm news they should get Andrew and Melissa to share the role.

2 Likes

I think they should use reporters to fill Wendy’s slots on the 4pm news (I believe she does Mondays and Tuesdays?), as a way of training them up for potentially bigger things.

Tim Arvier and Ebony Cavallaro are a couple of names that come to mind.

I can’t see them hiring a big name like Georgina Lewis to read 4pm news two days a week.

2 Likes

Lol, during the 6PM news in Sydney tonight. Georgie cut off Airlie Walsh when Airlie said
‘we have news just in’. There was a awkward silence on them and then Airlie was just froze.

2 Likes