Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Saturday (01.02.2020) - Sunday (02.02.2020): Paul Taylor is presenting in Brisbane this weekend. Wally Lewis is on sport.

6 Likes

Tony Jones and Livinia Nixon are presenting sport and weather respectively tonight due the Australian Open Men’s Final.

6 Likes

Tony Jones also presented from Melbourne Park last night.

4 Likes

Monday 3 February to Friday 7 February-

Zara James presented Early News this week.

5 Likes

I don’t think it was mentioned on here, but Amber presented Sydney weather on Saturday - presumably because Belinda is co-hosting Today Extra as of this week until Sylvia Jeffreys returns from maternity leave. My guess is, we should expect Natalia Cooper to present Sydney’s weekend weather until then(?).

4 Likes

Monday 3 February-

Mark Burrows is presenting Morning News & Afternoon News in Sydney.

Alicia Loxley is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne.lt seems she is returning to presenting the Afternoon News from Monday to Wednesday this year.

8 Likes

Julie Snook is presenting the 9 Facebook watch bulletins “for the next little while”

5 Likes

Interestingly, when he was at NBN he was Samuel Djodan (pronounced Jaw-Darn) and now at Nine he just did the sign off as Sam Jordan

6 Likes

Perth reporter Jerrie Demasi made a live cross from Learmonth, WA to the Sydney bulletin tonight.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/GeorgieG/status/1224581013575172096?s=20

Looks like this will be a part of Georgie’s broader role at Nine.

7 Likes

It’s clearly a reaction to her low ratings since she returned.

2 Likes

Jayne Azzopardi and her husband Trent have welcomed their first child into the world. This was announced by Peter Overton after the weather in tonight’s bulletin.

10 Likes

If Nine News Sydney making mention of this at the end of the bulletin doesn’t prove that Jayne is popular (or at least well known) with viewers, I’m not sure what will.

3 Likes

Doubt it. She has to be doing something other than present two nights a week to justify the salary Nine pays her.

8 Likes

Michael Thomson’s milestone: Bringing Perth the news for 40 years

This February, Nine News Perth’s week night anchor and trusted media personality, Michael Thomson , commemorates his 40th year working in the Perth media, with accomplishments and accolades across print, radio and television.

A lifelong resident of Perth, Thomson began his career in 1980 as a newspaper journalist, reporting on stories across the state for the Daily News .

He joined Nine in 1987 as a crime reporter, covering some of Western Australia’s biggest stories, including Kimberley serial killer Joseph Schwab, the arrest of Australia’s most wanted man John Friedrich, and the infamous 1988 Fremantle prison riot.

Thomson then moved into the sporting arena as Nine News Perth’s sport reporter and presenter. He covered numerous prestigious sporting events, including three Commonwealth Games, Canada in 1994, Kuala Lumpur in 1998 and Melbourne in 2006.

He also reported and commentated at three Olympic Games, Atlanta in 1996, Sydney in 2000 and London in 2012. He has covered several AFL Grand Finals, the Australian Grand Prix, and commentated on Sheffield Shield and one-day cricket matches.

Thomson has received distinguished awards for his reporting, including the Australian Sports Medal for his services to sport in 2000, and most recently the Dennis Cometti Award for Career Excellence at the 2019 WA Football Media Awards.

Thomson has also hosted several lifestyle programs for Nine Perth, including the popular series Just Add Water, presented and contributed to live radio including 6PR, as well as hosting and participating in numerous notable local events including the City to Surf, The Rottnest Channel Swim and the HBF Run for a Reason.

Thomson, a father of three, remains modest amidst his achievements and proud to bring Perth the news each week night.

“When I started in 1980 there were no mobile phones, no computers, no laptops. The way we compile and present the news has evolved so much over the decades,” Thomson said.

“But the one thing that has always been the same is the joy of being able to tell the story and meet people from all walks of life. I still get messages from people I’ve done stories on many years ago. It’s really touching.”

Thomson is also fondly remembered for the “I Like Thommo” TV campaign, which became a popular catchphrase amongst Perth personalities during the 1990s.

“The number of people to this day who stop me on the street, give me a thumbs up and yell ‘I Like Thommo’, is truly humbling.

“My career has made me a more worldly person. I’ve met some great people, some famous and some unsavoury ones too. It’s an exhilarating job. I work with great colleagues at Nine and I look forward to bringing Perth the news for many more years to come.”

Nine Perth Director of News, Michael Best , said: “Thommo is a true professional, passionate about news and in particular, telling people’s stories. This is one of the reasons viewers choose to switch on Nine News . “He’s a familiar and trusted face of our city, he’s a mentor to many in our newsroom, and we are privileged to have him at the helm of our flagship 6pm bulletin.”

6 Likes

And he should’ve stayed there. As a newsreader he’s just terrible.

Having said that, 40 years is still a long time so well done to him.

14 Likes

Tuesday 4 February-

Davina Smith returned to presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney this week.

Wednesday 5 February to Friday 7 February-

Brett McLeod is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne.

4 Likes

Sylvia Jeffreys and Peter Stefanovic have given birth to a baby boy.

9 Likes

There’s the new Today host for 2040

4 Likes

Chris O’Keefe did a live cross for 1 News at 6 (NZ) tonight from Yokohama outside the moored cruise ship with Coronavirus

4 Likes