Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Brisbane used it until 2015 or 16 I think, then with the last look went with the current sound.

2 Likes

QTQ brought the 2006 theme music back in 2008 (after briefly using the 2008 theme as per TCN), one can only presume that a network order brought them back into line with the network theme music wise.

For what it’s worth, I think the 2006 theme music fits the South East Queensland market like a glove and would probably also work fine with Gold Coast, Regional Queensland & Darwin bulletins. But it’s not quite a strong enough piece of music for a news bulletin outside the sub-tropical/true tropical markets IMO.

I thought it was with the 2012 relaunch that QTQ switched (back) to the current theme music. But I think they used the 2000-06 theme music as their closing theme for quite a long time!

3 Likes

8 Likes

Would be nice if the Gold Coast used this view as a live shot… instead of the static they currently have.

1 Like

It’s a drone. Would be pretty unsuitable for a live shot into the news, given they’re far more prone to weather, battery limitations, interference and mischief.

2 Likes

Nine are promoting a “Georgie Gardner special report” on tonight’s news in Sydney.

That’s new!

4 Likes

What’s the story with calling a News Break, a News Alert now? Sounds awful and looks awful.

Just saw this for the first time tonight during Doctor Doctor.

An alert is an alarm or other signal of danger. Why do they want you to think their news is dangerous?

6 Likes

Yep this was the general opinion when the relaunch happened. It’s not good at all I agree.

Nine Gold Coast this week with full set of presenters.

Updates

Opener

Bulletin

Sport

Brisbane preview

Weather

11 Likes

Thanks for the caps!

It’s a bit hard to tell from them, but is Nine Gold Coast News produced in HD?

2 Likes

Yes, been in HD since Brisbane got a new set and HD upgrades a few years ago

2 Likes

So here’s some pedantry for you. Is 5:30 “today” or “tonight”? I’m inclined to say “today” but that’s as someone from NSW. Is the sun usually setting on the Gold Coast around 5:30?

4 Likes

On Ten News Sydney all those years ago, either Jessica Rowe or Deborah Knight would say “Good evening”.

1 Like

Is this backdrop even live?

I’m pretty sure Ten has always seen 5pm as the evening for as long as they’ve had a news bulletin in that timeslot.

As for Nine, I think I’ve heard presenters say “Good Afternoon” and “Good Evening” at the start of Nine News: First At Five.

3 Likes

AEDT or AEST? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: My current obsession/irritation

2 Likes

I’d be inclined to see ‘today’ in summer months and ‘tonight’ in winter months probably. Same with Good Afternoon/good evening.

6 Likes

I wonder whether 2020 will be the year we see one of the networks launch a news channel or OTT service, they seem to be the flavour of the month in the US, NBC News Now, ABC News Live, CBSN. I think with all the news Nine produces, they would be well equipped to launch one here in Australia. Below an example of the recently launched ABC News Live Prime.

3 Likes

Sydney 4pm had a standing element today

16 Likes

I may be a bit late since it’s been about a week since I last checked, but regional social pages are now updated to the new graphics!
I would have some suggestions for them.
I think adding in the other two presenters and the refion image like the metro bulletins would improve these as right now they seem a bit generic.
(Edit: got an automatic email saying this post was flagged as it wasn’t suitable in this forum)

10 Likes