Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Maddie Slattery presenting weather in Melbourne this weekend.

4 Likes

Also heard his report on Nine Radio news at 1pm.
Looks like all Nine News reporters have been asked to file reports for 2GB/3AW when required.

1 Like

Friday 7 February-

Natalia Cooper is presenting weather in Sydney,so she is probably Belinda’s replacement while she is working on Today Extra.

5 Likes

And Julie Snook presented sport

3 Likes

Congratulations to Jayne and her husband!

Screenshot_20200207-235952~2

8 Likes

Nine’s still trying to work the ‘40 years in news’ angle for Michael Thomson… again, very light on actual news stories that he covered. Clearly still trying to unsettle the ‘35 years of Rick and Sue’ record at Seven.

8 Likes

They can try all they like. Whether WA viewers are interested in the media landscape or not they aren’t dumb and everyone knows its been a revolving door of presenters over at 9 for decades.

Ratings are pretty bad with Michael, the ABC and 10 draw higher numbers than he does and they are in different timeslots.

9 Likes

They seem to forget that individually, Rick and Sue has about 42 and 46 years (cumulative 88 years altogether) experience behind the news desk respectively, which already exceeds Michael’s 40. Plus Michael has been on and off TV during this time whereas Rick and Sue have both consistently featured in Perth’s news landscape since the 70s.

They can sell it all they like but facts and ratings speak for themselves. No amount of experience is going to deflect the fact that he’s a terrible news anchor.

7 Likes

No doubting the Nine News presenting role in the West has been a poisoned chalice since 1990 when Waltham and Parker - the last Nine duo to outrate Rick and Sue - were the newsreaders.

3 Likes

it is still a risky angle for Nine Perth to take.
Although Seven are only promoting Rick & Sue’s record 35 years together, Rick has been with 7 News for 42 years and Sue has been presenting news in Perth for 45 years, 10 at the ABC (Radio & TV) & 35 at Seven. Both with arguably more impressive CV’s
Michael has swapped between news, sport, 2 years away from nine when he was sacked by WIN, re-employed again in 2013 for sport and now presenting news again.
That means it’s only 38 years at Nine over a 40 year span.

4 Likes

Chris O’Keefe has been reporting from Japan on the coronavirus this week.

2 Likes

“Alrighty, Jake Duke clearly does not know how the weather’s looking at the moment…”

7 Likes

Saturday 8 February-

Rob Canning is presenting sport in Sydney.

3 Likes

“I can’t hear, I can’t hear…I can’t hear you!”

8 Likes

The past two nights we haven’t had a sports presenter in Brisbane so the newsreader has been doing that segment as well.

3 Likes

That was excruciating. I would’ve expected Rob to move on a lot quicker than he did when it became clear Jake couldn’t hear him, especially considering the problem with the Airlie Walsh cross earlier.

I wonder how many phone calls the Nine receptionist fielded regarding other glaring issues with the bulletin tonight?

8 Likes

Jonathan Uptin is QLD sports editor.

3 Likes

Well… crap

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/tv-veteran-brian-henderson-on-why-he-wont-fight-latest-cancer/news-story/1802417a962b89fe2fecc679444afba0

6 Likes

Very sad to hear. Now I’m fearing he won’t live to see the day that Nine Sydney moves into their new North Sydney headquarters later this year.

1 Like

I’m sure that is the thing that is on the top of his mind…

Why would he care about that? Even if he wasn’t sick I’m sure he wouldn’t care.

18 Likes