Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

That promo has to be the biggest twist and lie in TV news in 2020 so far… Michael has obviously presented sport for the majority of his career and even left TV until they lured him back…

I find it amusing that the only news story 9 can dig up regarding Michael Thompson is the Fremantle Prison situation. If you have been fronting the news for 40 years there are more significant stories to pick from. But they can’t because thats probably the only news report he ever did…

11 Likes

And he’s just not a great anchor.

3 Likes

Saturday (25.01.2020) - Sunday (26.01.220): Alison Ariotti is presenting in Brisbane this weekend. Wally Lewis is on sport.

7 Likes

Rick started at 7Perth in 1978 (42 yrs) and has been in the news dept. all that time.
Sue started at ABC Perth in 1974/5 And became the ABC’s second female news presenter in Aust. So Sue has been involved in Perth news consistently for approx 45 years. I think 9perth need to remove that promo before they embarrass themselves any further.
As has been stated earlier, Michael has been a part timer involved in news & mostly sport (when he was not sacked by previous owners of the station)

1 Like

Congratulations for Australia Day honours

MEMBER (AM) IN THE GENERAL DIVISION OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA

Peter Overton - For significant service to the broadcast media, and to the community.

Robert Penfold - For significant service to the broadcast media, and to journalism.

Australia Day Honours releated to media.

13 Likes

Admittedly I was wondering how long it would be until Pete received such a recognition after receiving an honourary doctorate from Macquarie University in September last year.

Congrats to both him and Rob Penfold on recieving the honours, BTW! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Monday 27 January-

Airlie Walsh presented Early News again this week.

5 Likes

Tim Arvier did a live cross from Staples Center with TVNZ’s 1 News at Six tonight on Kobe Bryant.

7 Likes

Monday (27.01.2020) - Friday (31.01.2020): Andrew Lofthouse is presenting solo in Brisbane again this week.

6 Likes

Eva back on Gold Coast News this week.

5 Likes

Brenton and Kate back presenting 9 News Adelaide

6 Likes

Ah, Nice to have the presenting duo back ready for another big year of South Australian News.

2 Likes

Disagree - I think he’s great and appeals to the wider Australian audience.

Promo for Andrew and Melissa “back together” from Feb 3.

2 Likes

makes no effort to hide the fact he looks like he either hates being there or is being held hostage.

3 Likes

Going through old recordings from July 2015 (as you do at 2am in the morning) when did Sean Power leave QTQ?

1 Like

Quite some time ago now. After he was a reporter for 9 Brisbane, he went on to be a producer at 60 Minutes, was the founding EP of Seven’s The Latest and then did some editing on 7news.com.au. So I would say he left Brisbane in 2015/16.

3 Likes

Friday 31 January-

Lizzie Pearl is presenting Morning News today.

3 Likes

Perth political reporter Gary Adshead reporting from Christmas Island on the coronavirus outbreak.

6 Likes

Asian correspondent renae Henry was in Hong Kong reporting on the Coronavirus outbreak in China. 213 people have died of the disease.

5 Likes