Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

It definitely reads that you are saying I said I wanted Mark on News so I do accept your apology. Thank you.

In regards to Deborah. I should be more clearer. It’s not Deb herself, it’s more what she represents at this moment, and that is an incredibly failing program, Today. She is now associated with the failing of the show (whether she is responsible/ partly or not is irrelevant) and numbers don’t lie.

I just don’t believe it’s a coincidence that Nine News begins to have issue the year that Today has completely fallen to bits.

If I were Nine, I would be throwing anything and everything at Melissa Doyle to bring her back to breakfast television.

There are things viewers clearly don’t like about Today and there were content and appearance issues before the talent changeover and although I think Tom, Deb and Georgie are fine, they’ll definitely be collateral damage.

The show itself hasn’t changed since Karl left, just the people. So unfortunately they’ll be the ones who will continue to be blamed.

Karl and Melissa Doyle would make a formidable team. Just like Karl and Lisa did. The show let Karl and Lisa down. If they had the change it content, they would have been a decent competitor to Sunrise.

2 Likes

Saturday 20 July -

Jayne Azzopardi is presenting in Sydney again tonight.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine News Content and Appearance

Perth presenter Grace Fitzgibbon is moving to Sydney.

1 Like

Grace is a great reporter- a good appointment.

1 Like

And a good look too.

I wonder why most of our reporters like her are moving elsewhere and with newer ones in Perth like Kamin Gock and Lucy MacLeod.

…and before that, an original/launch reporter for Nine News Central West, presenter of SCA’s legally mandated News Updates (when they were presented from Canberra, was also notably the very last presenter of “Local News Headlines” updates for Canberra before the February 2017 launch of Nine News Canberra) & journalist for Capital Radio News in Canberra.

Seems like a good addition for TCN, but I wonder who else is leaving? Laura Tunstall (last seen on-air 14 months ago) not returning or is it someone else? Because I figured that Airlie Walsh would’ve picked up the roles that Sophie is leaving behind with her move to London.

I’d imagine like many others have in the past (and will in the future), Grace is leaving Nine News Perth to further her career in a larger market.

There’s obviously exceptions to the rule but many Australian TV journalists aspire to eventually make it in Sydney or Melbourne, if not nationally.

3 Likes

Talking of new TCN reporters, Does anyone know if Sam Cucchiara has also moved to Sydney? He has been filing stories from Sydney over the past few days. Can anyone in Melbourne confirm?

AFAIK there’s been no announcement of Sam Cucchiara moving to Sydney, so I’d be willing to guess that he’s just filling in until Grace Fitzgibbon is ready to begin.

I’m sure @David will be thrilled to hear that Angela Cox outrated Jayne Azzopardi by all of 4k last night. Although I still think we’ll see Jayne present more Sydney 6pm bulletins in the future, especially over Summer now that Sophie Walsh (who presented a number of Sydney 6pm bulletins over the 2018-19 Christmas/New Year period) is obviously no longer an option for TCN!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use the word “thrilled” as I’m not as obsessed about who presents what as a lot of people are here, but it’s nice to know that Angela, who is leagues above Jayne IMO, had a better night last night.

Friday (19.07.2019) - Sunday (21.07.2019): Adam Hegarty is presenting Brisbane’s sport.

Peter Overton is back in Sydney tonight.

7 Likes

Monday 22 July to Thursday 25 July -

Elizabeth Bryan is presenting Early News.

Monday 22 July -

Mark Burrows is presenting Morning News & Afternoon News in Sydney.

Monday 22 July to Thursday 25 July -

Brett McLeod is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne.

Tony Jones is back presenting sport in Melbourne this week.

4 Likes

Monday (22.07.2019): Andrew Lofthouse is anchoring solo in Brisbane tonight.

5 Likes

Can confirm Sam is back reporting in Melbourne tonight.

3 Likes

I heard him on the Melbourne bulletin last night too.

3 Likes

Sydney reporter Damian Ryan has been reporting from Tokyo this week.

1 Like

You’d think that Nine will most likely send Damian Ryan to Tokyo for the Olympics next year?

Who do you think would go with him? Nine usually sends more than one reporter.

Either Rob Canning or Christine Ahern or Tony Jones.

1 Like

Didn’t Nine send Damian Ryan to London & Rio? It could be something of a tradition for him.

And yeah, they usually send more than one reporter over. For Rio, Nine also sent Christine Ahern from Melbourne and then-QTQ reporter Michael Best, presumably so they could do some reports with a local angle (eg, a report specifically for Nine News Queensland if a Queensland athlete were to win a medal, that type of thing).

2 Likes