Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Nine Perth used the normal theme for the sponsor billboard before last night’s weather update.

Saturday 13 July - 7pm
Apollo 11: A Step That Changed The World.
One hour Nine News Special narrated by Peter Overton.

3 Likes

the two blue 9s together are throwing me off.

3 Likes

And they’re not even the same colour!

Plus they misspelt Lise’s last name.

What does everyone think Nine should be doing in regards to the ratings situation on the east coast?

Melbourne surprises me the most (given it’s my state), where they have a solid product, and always have…

Should they try be a bit adventurous and perhaps try a double header (Hitch and Jo Hall?), or is that super risky and risks a further slump?

2 Likes

Gold Coast News was without its usual super for much of the bulletin tonight (not for the first time).

It did appear later during sport which made everyone very happy!

9 Likes

And looks all the better without it! So much cleaner.

6 Likes

Yep.
That super is disgusting.

4 Likes

Nine News special

11 Likes

I’ll be recording this one!

9 Likes

A great streak for the Sydney team. But, they can’t rest on their laurels. Nor can Wick, who has a lot of work to do- with ACA the only bulletin performing consistly and rating well in his department.

4 Likes

Yes, congratulations to 9 Sydney. But how long can they hold on for???

Seven is overtaking Nine in every other city.

5 Likes

Sadly, it’s arguable that Nine News Sydney have been doing just that in recent times.

Where is our major promotional campaign (still using Promo Endtags produced 2.5-3 years ago - at least update those!)? Where is our meteorologist?

…or Simon Hobbs, who probably has more of a say into what Nine News Sydney puts to air on a daily basis than Darren Wick does.

Probably until after the NRL season has finished for the year in October, when Nine won’t be able to rely on Sunday nights (and to some extent, Thursday/Friday) to prop up their week.

I think most people wouldn’t care whether the weather presenter had a meteorological degree or not. The qualification to be the weather presenter on Sunrise appears to be amateur stuntman.

8 Likes

It’s sad that this is true.
Weather reports presented by real meteorologists are so much better than when they’re presented by others!

1 Like

I think people want very different weather presenters on breakfast TV to the type they want presenting their forecast during the local evening bulletins though.

Agreed.

I can understand why it’s not always possible for regional stations to have meteorologists but it really should be an essential for all networks in the top markets such as Sydney & Melbourne, I think.

2 Likes

No qualification required to be the weather presenter on Ten’s Sydney news. Just a daily leave pass from Callan Park Hospital for the Insane.

11 Likes

It might be a “nice to have” and something to look good in news promos, but I don’t think it’s an essential. I don’t think not being a meteorologist has impacted Livinia Nixon’s ability to present the weather at the end of the news.

13 Likes