Nine News Local

Headlines and voiceover intro by Peter Hitchner in Western Vic, first story is local. Actually first three have been local stories including an exclusive.

9 Likes

Pretty impressed so far, few little teething issues, but good mix of stories and good use of metro resources in a local story.

3 Likes
16 Likes

What a strange headline story - Dreamworld ride stops; not even worthy of the lead story in Queensland let alone regional NSW.

6 Likes

Very good so far for nine news Western Victoria

1 Like

@Jarrod_Woolley from twitter

11 Likes

first story on nbn news as well

Would I be right in saying that was the old A Current Affair desk from before the 2012 relaunch?

6 Likes

Certainly looks like it.

2 Likes

do we know if western victoria has social media yet?

Could it be coming from that talent operated small space (toss) that they have?

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. Compared to the tragic events of October 25 last year, this incident doesn’t particularly strike me as something that deserves to be a lead news story on news bulletins across the country.

Mind you I wouldn’t be overly surprised if it was the lead story on Nine News Sydney tonight, especially when you consider that ride safety is probably going to become a very hot news topic in Sydney with a certain major event not that far off the horizon…

NBN News broadcasts to the Gold Coast though.

4 Likes

I think the TOSS is as small as a bathroom IE, not that big.

guess the weathers done in that small room lol ?

lol almost got maryborough vic weather right , think they meant 28 not 38 lol

except for the weather stuff up for maryborough , nine news western victoria went ok

Appears to be pre-recorded from the metro set:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRSYk_ilsFJ/

8 Likes

Yep it is the old ACA desk prior to the Sydney move.

The set/studio has been built in a space previously used for office space. It doesn’t utilize the main 9News studio.
The TOS is still intact.

4 Likes

Yes, in the photo posted above you can see the office ceiling tiles

The story was the first on Nine in Brisbane as well where it was a BIG story, but I suppose that is more a reflection of the direction of that news service than anything.

6 Likes