Nine News Local

“Have gotten” is the past participle of get. In the UK and Australia, it was slowly replaced by “have got”, but it lived on in American English. Nowadays, American media has meant it’s come back into popular usage in Australian English as well.

(inb4 @JBar whinge)

1 Like

[quote=“matlock, post:1693, topic:2086”]

Very funny.

Actually, I was taught “got” and “gotten” should be taken out to your backyard and buried. I don’t know why I still remember that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think the word ‘actually’ was superfluous in that rant.

I do apologise. I must have lapsed. I will ensure it doesn’t happen again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry JBra - should have made it clear I was referring to the post by the King of News.

3 Likes

All is forgiven. :slight_smile:

True, ‘to get’ and its various tenses is one of the most common words in English. I usually try to substitute it for other verbs though.

I like linguistics and linguini.

1 Like

Mmm…linguini. :spaghetti: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

dont forget nine news western Victoria (ballarat starts tonight at 6pm)

1 Like

David Knox has spoken to Jo Hall ahead of tonight’s first Victorian bulletin - an interesting read.

In particular:

4 Likes

Jo with sports presenter Nathan Currie and weather presenter Sonia Marinelli

from Nathan’s twitter

9 Likes

I assume that’s on Nine News Melbourne’s set?

1 Like

Either that or they’ve got a proper set in the new studio next door.

1 Like

I noticed - English is such an interesting language with all its quirks - it almost needs a new topic :slight_smile:

Update just aired. Same keyed set as the others. Looks like a shot of Ballarat Is the image.

3 Likes

27mins till the reveal. Don’t really mind keyed sets, but hopefully there is headlines and the Nine News Melbourne style music.

1 Like

I bet some confused viewers out there in Ballarat tonight will be thinking this is the new WIN News!

Canberra has headlines!

13 Likes

Proper opener

4 Likes

Yay. Headlines for Canberra.

3 Likes