Nine News Local

If you can’t tell it’s a virtual set, then it’s a good virtual set, right?

9 Likes

I can’t tell either looks good

I don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but Grace Fitzgibbon (notable for presenting Canberra’s very last SCA-produced “Local News Headlines” Updates on Friday night) will be one of the reporters for the Wagga version of Nine News when it launches on February 27.

Also reporting for the Wagga bulletin will be Mimi Becker - recently a producer and Assistant Chief of Staff at Nine News Sydney.

1 Like

Given SCAs history with playout, will be interesting to see if there are any issues in swapping from Sydney to local Canberra feed, etc.

I’d assume SCA must be running their own feed of Hot Seat to avoid any Sydney news supers/updates slipping through.

No opener. Just the title card and straight to Vanessa.

1 Like

That’s quite odd for a 6PM bulletin…

2 Likes

Should mention that it’s in HD. Vanessa’s chair is too big though. The back makes her shoulders look massive.

7 Likes

Content is pretty good. But there are no OTS or any other variation on the cap as above. Looks awkward sitting on one side.

4 Likes

Not bad so far. However:

• Needs headlines in the opener
  • Image of Canberra needs to be replaced with something that actually reflects the local community. Go for a panoramic photo of Black Mountain and Black Mountain Tower.
  • Image of Canberra needs to be swapped out with OTS story graphics
  • The huge chair needs to go - how did THAT not get caught in rehearsals?
  • Vanessa needs to sit in the middle of the shot. Being off centre looks like she’s on some amateur Sky News show.
11 Likes

New angle for the throw to sport - appears to be a key of the 9 News Now set.

If it is a key of the set it looks much better than the shot been used so far, should use it more.

1 Like

4 Likes

Gavin is a good weather presenter and he’s using a plasma not a key.

Weather presenter seemed to be the only redeeming quality about this bulletin…

As much as I like Vanessa I felt a real disconnect and cold vibe from her as a presenter. A lot of work to be done there.

No opener is just not on.

3 Likes

Yeah, what a failure that is!

Found this on Twitter.

13 Likes

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could upload caps or a montage please? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Judging by this, they use a green template on an actual screen?

4 Likes

So that’s why Nine News Now moved back to Studio 3…

5 Likes

Exactly how I felt last week when she read the Early News.

1 Like

then you have no idea about Samantha Heathwood.

6 Likes