Nine News Local

Excellent! Can’t wait to see how Nine are doing these bulletins tonight!

The Canberra Facebook page (Redirecting...) has now reappeared with this profile picture:

7 Likes

9 News Canberra Twitter account has just appeared
https://twitter.com/9NewsCanberra

6 Likes

There’s also a @9NewsIllawarra Twitter account, currently an “egg” but I’ve decided to follow it just incase it becomes official. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

looks like they’re on Instagram now too?

4 Likes

No bebo page? Amateurs.

21 Likes

Is Nine News Canberra going to be read from Canberra or Sydney & is it going to be live or prerecorded?

AFAIK it’s going to be presented from Sydney, with live statewide/national/international content segments.

I’m not sure if any regions will be getting their local content windows live, but at least most of them will be pre-recorded earlier in the day.

2 Likes
5 Likes

WIN Canberra posted this straight after

9 Likes

WIN feeling the heat. I bet all TVs in Win’s Canberra offices and WIN HQ in Wollongong will
Be tuned to Nine Canberra at 6 tonight!

6 Likes

Yet they continue to copy the Nine brand like they’re a bunch of noobs.

9 Likes

I’m guessing that pic may have been used for something like a full page ad for Nine News Canberra in today’s edition of The Canberra Times?

Also Vanessa O’Hanlon was on 2CA and Mix 106.3 this morning, presumably to talk about tonight’s launch of Nine News Canberra.

3 Likes

I guess when the Illawarra bulletin launches next week, there could be a full page ad for Nine News Illawarra on next Monday’s Illawarra Mercury.

It would be interesting on whether Vanessa O’Hanlon will be interviewed on one of the Wollongong commercial stations next Monday to talk about the launch of Nine News Illawarra. I don’t think i98 would do that, considering they’re owned by WIN (at least for now anyway, but that could change sometime down the track), who wants to protect their own 6pm local news bulletin against a new competitor, so that would leave only Wave FM to be the most likely station for O’Hanlon to talk about the new bulletin.

3 Likes

Article from Vanessa O’Hanlon about the start of 9 News Canberra tonight.

9 Likes

Keyed set for updates. The same as what has been shown before.

1 Like

Pictures from a few days ago of a test live cross from the Illawarra

5 Likes

12 Likes

I hope that local image behind Vanessa will also be utilised for OTS.

On another note, given that this week the bulletin is only being shown in Canberra, it’ll be interesting to see how much Canberra-centric content is shown in these first few bulletins. I’d imagine a fair bit, given that there’s no need for other local windows.

5 Likes

It’s still a green screen right?

Yep