Nine News Late

Why does this thread exist separately from the 9 News Presenters and 9 News Content threads? Should it just be merged into them?
OR should they be split out into separate threads for each show?

No different to The Latest having a separate thread despite still being a 7 News bulletin.
Given this thread has close to 1000 posts, I think it can warrant being separated.

5 Likes

But I mean The Latest is a different show, like Sunrise.
This is just a 9 News bulletin, like the 5am news or the 11am news, it looks the same etc.
Like if there’s, say, a minor graphics tweak, it’s going to apply across both.

2 Likes

But unlike the other national bulletins, this one is usually done interstate and has some actual conversation surrounding presenters/presentation, unlike the early/morning news which is done from Sydney.

2 Likes

So why would that not go in the Presenters topic? Or the Content topic?

I think it is fine as it is. The thread appears able to look after itself. I for one don’t venture into those hefty threads as often as I do this one.

1 Like

Probably deserves its own thread now more than ever considering the NBN studio is now involved.

4 Likes

I mean I am not calling for anything or advocating anything, just wondering really.
Just seems odd the same elements would be split over 2 threads.

We have this debate every so often

It’s had its own thread with a decent amount of discussion for a while, may as well leave it

Far more discussion than the early/morning/afternoon news would have on its own

7 Likes

Yeah that’s fine, just wondering cause seems so odd.

It started as a bulletin during Covid and was rolled out to its own thread because that was worth of discussion on its own as a breakout topic and it just never got closed I guess.

5 Likes

We could roll it into the main Nine News thread, but with the amount of discussion this bulletin gets with its studio and presenter changes I think it still deserves its own. Plus it has a bit of a legacy formerly being Nightline.

9 Likes

Which only our elder members would know and remember, especially with some of the things that made it unique: the opening theme (which was a different arrangement of the (National) Nine News theme, the reporter sign-offs (e.g. “Mark Burrows, for Nightline”) and, if I remember correctly, in 2007 there was a sport preview at the start of the bulletin.

Though unlikely, I would like to see a return to the Nightline brand.

3 Likes

I’m surprised it hasn’t returned. The Latest is a really good product in comparison.

8 Likes

Coming out of Perth tonight (as normal) and using the old graphics package (as expected).

10 Likes

Do love the shear size of the Perth set compared to all the others.

5 Likes

Well, WA is after all the biggest state! :grin:

9 Likes

but thankfully with a decently-sized desk
cough 7 PERTH cough

3 Likes

Actually not a fan of those wide shots. The presenters are so far apart it looks pretty ridiculous.

As a closing shot it’s great.

3 Likes