Nine News Late

Asking different up-and-comers (like Sophie Walsh, Airlie Walsh, Michael Genovese) to double-up from the road every now and then so they can have an opportunity to read a national bulletin costs less than contracting your 6pm anchor to stay back every night.

Yeah- negotiate a lower salary for the anchor who fronts a poor rating bulletin.

Different angle to begin the late news tonight.

9 Likes

Is that stand Amber is standing on new? Haven’t seen that before… looks new since it doesn’t have light strip like the other ones.

1 Like

It’s used for standing presentation in that area or when they need more room for additional chairs to be at the correct height on special occasions. Have seen it a few times before.

3 Likes

Melbourne has a similar one for the shorter presenters when they present at the RHS screen

2 Likes

Noticed the late news is scheduled for midnight tonight.

2 Likes

It’s at 11PM but has been pushed back an hour in Melbourne because of Footy Classified. Happened last week too.

6 Likes

Oh right. Seems a bit strange given FC was on much earlier than usual.

1 Like

It should be called ‘The Late Late News’ then!

Reminds of when Nine used to run 3 old movies back to back to back from 12am to 5am in the 80s. They were listed in TV guides as ‘The Late Movie’, ‘The Late Late Movie’ and ‘The Late Late Late Movie’.

9 Likes

Started after 11pm in NSW and QLD (almost got a wide shot for the opener)

8 Likes

Jane doing News tonight from Newcastle again.

4 Likes

Is it necessary to cross live to Sydney news room at 11PM :joy:

1 Like

Started 17 minutes after scheduled time of 10.30pm (East coast).

Managed to get a New castle story in again.

Went too early with the graphics.

7 Likes

Inb4 Amber.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought the host city would have any influence on what news items are covered? As I would have thought the story selection would be determined in Sydney as the “head office”

3 Likes
2 Likes

I think it is that there was someone at the studio that they could cross to, so it contributed another live report to the bulletin.

2 Likes

New logo on display tonight in late news.

And return from break

8 Likes

Closer:

10 Likes