Nine News Late

In reality they are not that far away at all.

1 Like

Tracy Vo presented last night :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We now cross to Perth

5 Likes

She doesn’t look too pleased :stuck_out_tongue:

Live from Newcastle again tonight

6 Likes

I will watch tonight, first time in a while, and since it’s right after the footy too. Jane is a good presenter.

Noreporter names in supers tonight?

(TVNZ correspondent in Sydney news room)

Appeared later

4 Likes

There are supers now.

1 Like

A Newcastle newsroom cross for an item that occurred on the Mid North Coast.

But I did get a chuckle out of the “NSW” after Newcastle in the super. Would definitely not have happened if NBN News was producing! They don’t even tell Northern NSW viewers where Raymond Terrace is.

And in another cross, “Gold Coast” appeared on screen but no “QLD” after that.

1 Like

Don’t they do that for every regional location that’s not the capital?
If it was Port Lincoln, they’d add SA. If it was Geralton, they’d add WA?

2 Likes

True, but as I noted above, they didn’t add “QLD” on for the Gold Coast.

1 Like

Maybe because…Everyone knows about Gold Coast where as Newcastle isn’t that well-known by some people

1 Like

Seems like the schedule is now:

Sunday: Peter Overton or Amber Sherlock
Monday: Michael Genovese
Tuesday-Wednesday: Tracy Vo
Thursday: Jane Goldsmith

Bit of a mess really.

14 Likes

Crazy idea but it would be cool to see them rotate the presenters between the different newsrooms around the country. Bit of national exposure and a sense of “localisation” for the national broadcast.

Either way, I don’t mind this new schedule. All presenters are good. Michael Genovese has really improved from his early days.

4 Likes

Be good if it was week to week, so Perth does a whole week, Adelaide does the next.

6 Likes

Nine is bumping Nine News Late to 10.30 next Sunday - too much competition from The Latest? However, The Latest is out of Seven’s Sunday schedule so perhaps a change.

6 Likes

Kate Creedon is presenting Sunday Night

9 Likes

I wonder why they don’t present it from Perth on Sunday nights. From a presenter point of view it makes sense given Tracy Vo does the 6pm News in Perth. However there must be a production reason for it.

5 Likes

Late news hosted by Amber Sherlock out of Sydney but doesn’t look to be controlled in Sydney. Or at least not using the updated graphics.

3 Likes

Would then be from Perth which seems to be the norm on weeknights.
Any wideshots or pretty static?

3 Likes